Board logo

dishwasher problem AL10 error code
fazerruss - 31/1/09 at 08:00 PM

Hi all We have a hotpoint SDW80 dishwasher and this morning after it had finnished its cycle i noticed it was displaying the error code "AL10" rather than "END".
This code aint in the distruction book and was hoping someone on here may be a dishwasher expert.
Cheers Russ

jlparsons - 31/1/09 at 08:07 PM

heating element I think.

iank - 31/1/09 at 08:31 PM

Newer Hotpoint, Creda, Ariston and Indesit Dishwashers:

AL01 - Anti flood switch operated
AL02 - Valve or connections
AL03 - Time out - drain
AL04 - Thermistor (module)
AL05 - Circulation pump
AL06 - Time out - fill
AL07 - Not used
AL08 - Time out - heat
AL09 - Software recogntion error
AL10 - Heating circuit
AL99 - Communications error - connectors, cables etc.
H20 - Time out - fill (taps)

fazerruss - 31/1/09 at 10:15 PM

Thanks for info, any ideas on best place to get one and rough price?
I think the manufacturers warraty has just run out !! We did have an extended warranty with empire direct but they have just gone pop about a week ago
I'm a photocopier engineer by trade so should be able to repair it myself but any pointers on getting to the element would be greatly appreciated

[Edited on 31/1/09 by fazerruss]

Pdlewis - 31/1/09 at 10:50 PM

Ive had AL10 when the filter was blocked was wasnt draining water quick enough

fazerruss - 31/1/09 at 11:13 PM

Cheers, thanks for that, we've just fired it up again to see if it works so we'll try that first!

wicket - 31/1/09 at 11:19 PM

I always find these very helpful. SDW80 is not listed but FDW80 is could be the same parts used. However, I have found that a phone quite often gets results.

http://shop.ezee-fix.co.uk/Hotpoint_Dishwasher_Heater_Spare_Parts_1029.html

fazerruss - 1/2/09 at 01:01 AM

Thanks Ill try em on Monday. I remember now that Ive been to their trade counter a few years ago for a poly v belt for the washing machine and a mate at work drives past it every day.
What pi55es me off though is the machine is still covered for parts only by hotpoint but according to their wesite terms a hotpoint engineer needs to fit the part and labour is "only as little as £98"!!!!

omega 24 v6 - 1/2/09 at 01:05 AM

quote:

What pi55es me off though is the machine is still covered for parts only by hotpoint but according to their wesite terms a hotpoint engineer needs to fit the part and labour is "only as little as £98"!!!!

Oh yes been there -had that argument years ago. It's a bloody joke ain't it.

fazerruss - 1/2/09 at 01:20 AM

Ive just tried it again and its getting warm or shoud i say bloody hot after i found out by sticking my head in there to check the filter for crap when a drip of hot water fell on my head!
Im wondering if its a thermostat problem.
Anyway ive had enough of the piece of shite for tonight and tomorow ill start the attack with a srew driver and multimeter and check the heater assembly

its now showing AL08

[Edited on 1/2/09 by fazerruss]

Peteff - 1/2/09 at 10:03 AM

You could try espares for parts, I've had some washing machine bits from them and they are reasonable and quick. No affiliation with them just happy with their service.

Schrodinger - 1/2/09 at 12:28 PM

Have you tried running it through a cleaning cycle?

fazerruss - 1/2/09 at 01:00 PM

yep three times now and still no joy