Board logo

Wakey wakey
clairetoo - 28/3/09 at 05:07 AM

So........who else is awake for the F1 qualifying ?

907 - 28/3/09 at 05:30 AM

Me and the missis

LBMEFM - 28/3/09 at 05:31 AM

Me but God knows why

MikeCapon - 28/3/09 at 05:49 AM

Me too. It's going to a bit of a change isn't it.

expatkiwi - 28/3/09 at 06:20 AM

Not me

off-road-ham - 28/3/09 at 06:45 AM

i am still asleep

907 - 28/3/09 at 06:47 AM

Wow,

Come on B & B

Guinness - 28/3/09 at 06:53 AM

Me! There are some BIG wings out there this year!

Go on Button!

Mike

aka Keith - 28/3/09 at 06:58 AM

There has been so much said in the build up. but it is good to see a challange to the old order, don't ya think?

jollygreengiant - 28/3/09 at 07:06 AM

It sure will be interesting on race day.

bob - 28/3/09 at 07:09 AM

deep joy no bloody adverts

Well done BB+B get in there

Guinness - 28/3/09 at 07:17 AM

LOL at Branson swearing at breakfast time, just before kid's TV starts!

zilspeed - 28/3/09 at 07:18 AM

Now that's a result.

Button just couldn't wipe the smile off his face.

DC & EJ looked fairly chuffed too right enough.

As did the boy Branson - arriving right on cue...

bob - 28/3/09 at 07:22 AM

love him or hate him richard branson is perfect for ross brawn, branson loves being the frontman with his mug on the TV leaving ross brawn to get on with the important stuff.

bob - 28/3/09 at 07:39 AM

As a side thought.

I know its a different engine but i wonder if the Honda cheifs are looking at each other wondering if they made the right decision to pull out of F1.

cossey - 28/3/09 at 08:17 AM

Im sure Honda knew that they had a good car when they made their decision to pull out and they have bank rolled alot of this year.

ultimately the car companies and their suppliers are losing an enormous amount of money at the moment and whilst it looks stupid to be pulling out just when things go well they are having to make alot of cutbacks and F1 is largely irrevevant to their business.

MikeR - 28/3/09 at 08:49 AM

Remember, Honda wrote off last season and spent last year designing / building this years car.

I'm not surprised its doing well ..... a little surprised how well. What will be interesting is how well its doing at the end of the year - can the other teams catch up?

I am a little surprised they pulled out knowing the above - but i guess the figures to carry the team where just too much for them to swallow.

owelly - 28/3/09 at 09:48 AM

But arn't Brawn using the Merc engine in the 'Honda'?

omega 24 v6 - 28/3/09 at 10:44 AM

quote:

But arn't Brawn using the Merc engine in the 'Honda'?

That was my understanding as well. However I believe it's only for the first few races then then contract / agreement runs out IIRC.

As a Mclaren fan it's a bit diassapointing for me but I'll take solace in the fact I've always rated Button as a great driver with the wrong equipment.
Noticeably there are no comments from our resident reds. Theyre probably scouring the rule book to see where the other teams have made infringements that they can whinge about.

James - 28/3/09 at 02:37 PM

quote:

I've always rated Button as a great driver with the wrong equipment.

If he was so great he'd have been given a better drive by now!!!

After reading in Autosport about him I went off him. Apparently he has a reputation for liking the F1 lifestyle a little too much. Less than the required dedication to personal training and too much to wine, women and song!

But maybe I'm just bitter cos Lewis is in 18th!!!