Board logo

Im engaged :-)
Andybarbet - 5/7/09 at 10:04 PM

Well, after a pretty bad marriage break up 4+ years ago, i asked my girlfriend to marry me today and she said yes

We have been together for 3 years and although my kit (which i got just before my break up) had to go into hideing whilst my ex took me for everything i had apart from my clothes.....i am finally getting back on my feet. We have a house with a garage, the kit is in it and when life/work settles down a bit, i am going to build it as it has been hard keeping hold of through everything. My 9 year old son has been with me throughout and i cant wait to take him for the first drive .

Those that know me and rib me about the time it has taken to NOT build my kit will know my partner and how happy she makes me, i've even turned her into a car lover and she now has a 1976 mini 1000 which i was offered with one owner from new she loves it - even though its got poo brown vinyl interior and sandglow (read - baby sick) paintwork.

Had to post on here, im not drunk (yet) but if anyone is going through a bad break up involving kid/s etc - time does sort things out in the end.

Anyway, im well chuffed - woo hooo

blakep82 - 5/7/09 at 10:06 PM

awesomeness

eddie99 - 5/7/09 at 10:06 PM

Congratulations

hellbent345 - 5/7/09 at 10:07 PM

congratulations on starting your build again!

oh and the other thing

Al

[Edited on 5/7/09 by hellbent345]

chrisg - 5/7/09 at 10:09 PM

RUN AWAY!!!!

Seriously, congrats

Cheers

Chris

graememk - 5/7/09 at 10:12 PM

well done mate.

Steve Hignett - 5/7/09 at 10:15 PM

ATB!!!

Steve

omega0684 - 5/7/09 at 10:15 PM

congratulations

get her involved in the build! haha

Andybarbet - 5/7/09 at 10:18 PM

Erm, this is andys wife to be..... just seen this post, and although touched by all the best wishes, I would like to make you all aware that i AM helping with the build by letting andy wash bloody car parts in my dishwasher!!! Now if thats not true love, i don't know what is!!!!!!!! By the way, he really does look after my mini well...... and before any of you lot say anything, I mean the car.........

eccsmk - 5/7/09 at 10:19 PM

thats briliant news
congratulations

(locostbuilders stag do)

[Edited on 5/7/09 by eccsmk]

Fozzie - 5/7/09 at 10:26 PM

Congratulations to you both!

ATB Fozzie

Andybarbet - 5/7/09 at 10:27 PM

Locost builders stag do ! why didnt i think of that

Whats the nearest show to July next year ??

Its got to be done - ive got my tent and beer box ready

eccsmk - 5/7/09 at 10:43 PM

could you imagine if every member of locostbuilders turned up tho
thats alot of beer
would newark be then??
if so i bet you get plenty of free drinkies from all of us
ATB

scottc - 5/7/09 at 10:48 PM

well done man!!

ashg - 5/7/09 at 11:36 PM

but the question is will she let him bake freshley painted parts in the oven

i have to wait for my other half to go out. i have not sucessfully managed to do it once without getting caught as she allways smells the fumes that kick through the whole house

speedyxjs - 6/7/09 at 06:04 AM

Congrats Andy and Andy's wife to be

Danozeman - 6/7/09 at 06:30 AM

quote:

By the way, he really does look after my mini well...... and before any of you lot say anything, I mean the car.........

Top Lady.

Congratulations to you both.

But i have to say if youv had a bad break up in the past im surprised youv done it again...

Mr Whippy - 6/7/09 at 06:55 AM

nice one, good luck

stevegough - 6/7/09 at 07:47 AM

Congratulations, Andy and Mrs Barbet-to-be!

Perhaps you can even sort yourself a GBS windscreen now!

What about the obligatory photos of the other half? - (you daft sod - the mini, I meant!!)

Ben_Copeland - 6/7/09 at 07:48 AM

Congrats... and good luck

David Jenkins - 6/7/09 at 07:50 AM

Congratulations!

Applause
Applause

iscmatt - 6/7/09 at 08:18 AM

thats great news! good for you, i like how have you have even found time to get on here a post it!!!

nick205 - 6/7/09 at 08:44 AM

Good to hear everything's panned out well in the end.

Great that you have your son with you and something to focus on together as a new family with the kit build.

Hope all goes well

Confused but excited. - 6/7/09 at 01:12 PM

Great news mate.
I wish you both all the best and hope you will be very happy together.