Board logo

Corsa C headbolt info wanted
NigeEss - 6/12/09 at 12:56 PM

Hi all,

Anyone know the headbolt sequence and torque setting for the Vauxhall Z12XE 1.2 Corsa C ?

Please don't say if the daft angle torque thing

I'm assuming it's start in the middle and work clockwise outwards.

austin man - 6/12/09 at 01:58 PM

Bet you have to torque then turn through 45% i'm sure that's what we had to do on the last Corsa we did a head on. The angle thing isnt a problem just make a circular cardboard disk and split into segment then align with a fixed point

MikeRJ - 6/12/09 at 02:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NigeEss
Hi all,

Anyone know the headbolt sequence and torque setting for the Vauxhall Z12XE 1.2 Corsa C ?

Please don't say if the daft angle torque thing

All stretch bolts require an angular torque AFAIK, since you torque past the yield point of the bolt. The correct figures usually come with the new stretch bolts IME, and may have the sequence as well.

If you can't find the exact sequence then just start in the middle and work diagonally outwards on both sides.

boggle - 6/12/09 at 02:09 PM

i have them on my auto data handbook but i cant work out how to paste the screen shot up.....

stage one 25nm
stage 2,3and 4, 60 degrees...

Peteff - 6/12/09 at 02:11 PM

It's the daft angle torque thing, sorry Have a look on Cavweb or corsa forum. I did my daughter's earlier this year but she took her book and I cant remember it offhand. The sequence is not what you said there it's middle then ends then all the bits in between. There are about 4 different stages to the tightening procedure. First stage was only about about 20lb ft, then 90*, 90*, 90* then 30* but that's just an example not the actual figures

boggle - 6/12/09 at 02:15 PM

boggle - 6/12/09 at 02:19 PM

NigeEss - 6/12/09 at 02:34 PM

Thanks all,

double thanks Boggle

boggle - 6/12/09 at 02:42 PM

some other torque settings you may find usefull.....