Board logo

Improving mobile phone signal
russbost - 7/7/11 at 12:15 PM

Are there any Locost ways of improving mobile phone reception within a specific area - in this instance my house? I live in a heavily treed area & whilst mobile phone signal strength is fine outside, its pretty useless inside the house. No use changing service providers as everyone I know seems to have the same problem when here

I've been looking at passive repeaters, but they seem quite expensive for a couple of aerials & a bit of circuitry - does anyone happen to have a circuit diagram for a passive repeater & know the aerial requirements?

The car passive repeaters are much cheaper (from about £15) - but are they any good? Could I use one of these to improve reception in one particular area - I use the phone far more in one room than anywhere else?

Any other (sensible!) ideas??

Agriv8 - 7/7/11 at 12:24 PM

vodaphone do an indoor mast that plugs into your braodband see

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/mobile-accessories/vodafone-sure-signal

looking for diector before we switched to orange contract

regards

agriv8

grusks2 - 7/7/11 at 12:28 PM

Hi

depend on what handset and network, i do a lot of work for orange, there signal isnt great but i have changed something on my phone and now have full signal, no dropped calls and battery life is better.

u2u me for details,

russbost - 7/7/11 at 01:02 PM

It appears the Vodaphone thingy only works with Vodaphone - unfortunately I'm with Virgin & don't particularly want to swap!