Board logo

Look what i found up the loft?
matt.c - 14/8/11 at 07:33 PM

From what i have seen on the net its a vintage Hy Flo pump for aquriums. Anyone know whats it worth and does anyone want to buy it before i chuck it on ebay.

Matt

[Edited on 14/8/11 by matt.c]

adithorp - 14/8/11 at 07:47 PM

Ohhhh, that brings back memories. My dads tropical fish tank had one of those running underneath it. Late 60's I suppose.

skodaman - 14/8/11 at 08:54 PM

It's probably not as old as you think. They were still in production into 1990's. They were quite expensive last time I saw new ones for sale. 95 pounds seems to spring to mind. They were streets ahead of diaphragm pumps because they're more reliable and don't make that annoying buzzing sound. I'd give you ten quid for it.

norfolkluego - 14/8/11 at 09:51 PM

If I remember they were/are the Rolls Royce of aquarium pumps, very high flow and VERY quiet, pretty expensive too

ken555 - 14/8/11 at 10:00 PM

Give these people a shout

norfolkluego - 14/8/11 at 10:08 PM

And look at what I found in the loft, a proper Mr Crabtree given to me over 50 years ago

[Edited on 14/8/11 by norfolkluego]

Chippy - 14/8/11 at 10:20 PM

And what did I find in mine...................bloody spiders and dust, Doh! Ray

mistergrumpy - 14/8/11 at 11:07 PM

I'd have a fit if I found a Mr Crabtree. I've a phobia of fish (I know, I know, wierd) but they freak me out massively. I can't go near anything that comes from the sea so much so.

Litemoth - 14/8/11 at 11:45 PM

Oooh, doubles as a body cavity drainage pump.....

LINKY

norfolkluego - 14/8/11 at 11:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy
I'd have a fit if I found a Mr Crabtree. I've a phobia of fish (I know, I know, wierd) but they freak me out massively. I can't go near anything that comes from the sea so much so.

No other way put put this, you're weird
Sorry to break it so directly

907 - 15/8/11 at 05:44 AM

Hi Matt,

£15 posted ?

Cheers,
Paul G

02GF74 - 15/8/11 at 10:35 AM

quote:
I've a phobia of fish (I know, I know, wierd) but they freak me out massively. I can't go near anything that comes from the sea so much so.

So you missed out on the great British culinary experince of fish and chips.

(I thought it was an early CD player)

blakep82 - 15/8/11 at 10:44 AM

quote:

so you didn't like this advert then?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRMgMXA1xuc

matt.c - 15/8/11 at 10:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 907
Hi Matt,

£15 posted ?

Cheers,
Paul G

Thanks for the offer. Im going to chance it on ebay and see what it will go for.