Board logo

CNC Tube Bending
Minicooper - 15/11/12 at 01:47 PM

Hello all,
Are there any CNC tube benders, in or around the Hampshire area, I'm looking for some accurate bending of 2" tube or 50mm, 2.5mm approx wall thickness for a commercial project, it would be nice to have access to laser tube cutting on site aswell.
Each leg is about 2 metres long and has 2 bends in the same plane, initial batch would be around 20 legs

Cheers
David

clairetoo - 15/11/12 at 02:04 PM

Cant help with a source for this - but I will be watching this with interest as I am kooking for the same service

thefreak - 15/11/12 at 03:34 PM

I know it's probably not much use to the OP, but I had an exhaust made for the MEV over at Klarius in Uttoxeter. They have a CNC pipe bending machine to do the exhausts as I got them to knock me a couple of lengths of pipe up so I could make a wheel carrier for my trailer. Might be useful in some way or other Claire?

TAZZMAXX - 15/11/12 at 04:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by thefreak
I know it's probably not much use to the OP, but I had an exhaust made for the MEV over at Klarius in Uttoxeter. They have a CNC pipe bending machine to do the exhausts as I got them to knock me a couple of lengths of pipe up so I could make a wheel carrier for my trailer. Might be useful in some way or other Claire?

That might be useful to me, I live at Uttoxeter and had never even heard of them before.

thefreak - 15/11/12 at 04:29 PM

Give them a call and ask to speak to Doug, tell him Stewart from FreakyParts put you in touch. They may be able to help?

tegwin - 15/11/12 at 05:43 PM

I know its a fair distance but MTC in Malvern have always been really helpful for me. They do all kinds of stuff from microbore up to BIG....

cryoman1965 - 15/11/12 at 06:13 PM

http://www.cylex-uk.co.uk/company/janspeed-performance-exhaust-systems-ltd-16347373.html

Hi Try this lot in Salisbury. Not used them myself but may be useful.

Cheers

Nige

hicost blade - 15/11/12 at 06:23 PM

U2u'd

ashg - 15/11/12 at 08:12 PM

unless you want 100-200+ then nobody will be interested in doing it on a cnc bender, its just not cost effective. the place that did my rollbar used a manual bender that had a dro and stopped at a set number of deg taking into account kick back.

Minicooper - 15/11/12 at 08:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ashg
unless you want 100-200+ then nobody will be interested in doing it on a cnc bender, its just not cost effective. the place that did my rollbar used a manual bender that had a dro and stopped at a set number of deg taking into account kick back.

I'm not sure if it needs to be a full house cnc bender, but at least a machine capable of consistant and repeatable bends so that each leg is as far as can be determined is the same.

I know that a manual bender is not up to the task in terms of accuracy, I've tried and it was possible, just, after a few goes anyway, that's how I made the prototype but it was very differcult to maintain reasonable accuracy and would not be a sensible way forward to make these

Cheers
David

coyoteboy - 15/11/12 at 11:35 PM

quote:

Place that did my tin-top exhaust did it as a one off for £300 all in with a CNC bender. Can't be too cost ineffective?

nick205 - 16/11/12 at 12:34 AM

Try Fluid Fabrication in Gosford, ask for Steve.