Board logo

My new toy
mark chandler - 11/5/13 at 03:33 PM

XT600
XT600

Its lovely, been standing for a few years so needs going through but all up and running.

Only problem, my right leg is barely strong enough to start it, no electric start on these although some nice fresh fuel may make a big difference.

Best of all a bargin at £500

MakeEverything - 11/5/13 at 03:58 PM

Isnt there a decompression lever on it for starting?

mark chandler - 11/5/13 at 04:09 PM

It's coupled to the kick start, only works when you are a little way down so you have to stand on the kickstart sometimes

I used to have an XT500 when I was 20, I conveniently forgot how painful a kickstart on a big single is.

coozer - 11/5/13 at 04:43 PM

Nice, right up my street, just dont let it end up like mine...

fullpint - 11/5/13 at 05:57 PM

£500 is a steal. Surely not a fleabay find? If so why can't I ever find em

kevmcdo - 11/5/13 at 06:08 PM

It's not fresh fuel you need it's all down to technique or a bionic leg!!
I have a Honda XR650r and they have a bit of a reputation for being a bugger start but if you get it just past TDC then return the kick start back to the top before giving a solid kick all the way down it starts first time 9 out of 10 times ;0)

Hector.Brocklebank - 11/5/13 at 06:41 PM

Must be something in the air..... here's my new toy, just waiting on the supercharger kit to arrive !!!

currently going through every crappy coated bolt and replacing with stainless

As bought

Description
Description

Now

Description
Description

[Edited on 11/5/2013 by Hector.Brocklebank]

Peteff - 11/5/13 at 07:08 PM

It would have been a bargain at £500 if it had electric start My friend round at the bike shop bought one for £200 last year, the bloke he sold it to was huge and kicked it over like it was a two stroke