Board logo

dam dam dam
jacko - 27/5/13 at 05:57 PM

I am sick as a parrot i lifted my diff on a work mate today and my back has gone again
I'm fed up now

sonic - 27/5/13 at 06:14 PM

I know how you feel Graham, i pulled my back 2 years ago riding a trials bike and i still suffer just about everyday.

Hope it gets better soon mate.

jacko - 27/5/13 at 06:17 PM

Hi Mick
How are you long time and all that
Graham

sonic - 27/5/13 at 06:27 PM

I am OK, i though i might have bumped into Andy and yourself up at Malton breakfast meet a couple of weeks ago.

Any meetings planned if you get your back better?, i might have a ride out, do they still have that one at the pub in Brantingham i think it was.

Mick

jacko - 27/5/13 at 06:40 PM

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/16/viewthread.php?tid=181808

Try this i have been on holiday and seen this today
Graham
PS my car is off the road for now

emwmarine - 27/5/13 at 08:25 PM

think we ought to set up a 'bad back' section for locostbuilders!

omega0684 - 27/5/13 at 09:07 PM

I twisted awkwardly in the garage today and have tweaked/pulled/strained a muscle in my right groin, I'm in agony right now! Ice pack included!

How you feel better soon jacko!

[Edited on 27/5/13 by omega0684]

RK - 27/5/13 at 09:55 PM

I hope everyone will make a speedy recovery. I had a bad back/neck for 3 years. I remember when it happened but I don't remember what I was doing exactly. Lots of physiotherapy from a nice blonde girl helped immensely. I am spending less and less time in the garage during the week because I can't wreck myself for that long again!

jacko - 28/5/13 at 07:54 PM

My bad back started years ago when i was car grass track racing and it flares up now and then
this is one of my old cars
Super Mini with me in drivers seat
Super Mini with me in drivers seat

Jacko

locogeoff - 28/5/13 at 08:30 PM

I thoroughly recommend after being prescribed it by my doctor a book titled Treat Your own Back by Robin McKenzie works for me, although if you're like me you get lazy then it's back to the back book again.

My latest episode was due to lifting an engine crane box into the garage.

Regards

Geoff

AdrianH - 28/5/13 at 08:31 PM

I know it varies immensely from person to person, my own has been pulled muscles that would go into spasm after a while, the last time with me being prescribed valium or what ever it is called now, after two days I just could not give a dam. Glad when I got off them.

Had the muscular problem since late 20's and now 50+. It is amazing how thoughts have changed in treatment for muscular problems, it used to be rest flat on the floor for two weeks, now the concept is to get on with life and gradually exercise and stretch the muscles and spine.

My physio said my bottom 4 vertebrae had poor movement and set about flexing them, that hurt for a while then eased off and a particular type of press up helps me with this, when I remember to do it.
Hope you all get better soon and I don’t have the issue again.

Adrian

[Edited on 28-5-13 by AdrianH]