Board logo

claim your $10
02GF74 - 24/10/14 at 04:24 PM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11155731/13m-lawsuit-proves-Red-Bull-doesnt-give-you-wings.html

only in america....

Slimy38 - 24/10/14 at 04:46 PM

About time too, I've already burnt my mouth on a cup of coffee, had an anaphylactic shock from a pack of peanuts, and crashed my RV because I put it on cruise control and went to drink my coffee and eat my peanuts...

Ben_Copeland - 24/10/14 at 07:55 PM

You'll have no luck on the peanuts as you can guarantee the packet with have a warning that it contains nuts. Just incase someone really stupid eats them and dies.

SteveWalker - 24/10/14 at 09:02 PM

But technically peanuts are not nuts, they are legumes; so does the warning specifically say peanuts?

loggyboy - 25/10/14 at 12:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ben_Copeland
You'll have no luck on the peanuts as you can guarantee the packet with have a warning that it contains nuts. Just incase someone really stupid eats them and dies.

The reason that warning is there likely because someone has already sued. I seem to recall the RV cruise control one being a true story.

Slimy38 - 25/10/14 at 08:24 AM

Yes, my sense of humour is sometimes a little cryptic... coffee, peanuts and rv's all now have warnings on them due to stupid Americans and their preference for lawsuits...

red22 - 25/10/14 at 12:16 PM

But surely should've been chucked out of court because the Ads always state "wiiings" not "wings". case closed.

red22 - 25/10/14 at 12:16 PM

But surely should've been chucked out of court because the Ads always state "wiiings" not "wings". case closed.

Slimy38 - 25/10/14 at 12:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by red22

They do now, but I think the case was based off the earlier ads that don't.

Either that or the Yanks don't know how to spell wings...