Board logo

Ferrari & Vettel
sandwich - 29/3/15 at 11:27 AM

Good to see the red cars back at the front giving the Mercs a run for their money. Lets hope they can keep it up.

Also great to see Vettel back on the top step, proves it was a good choice to swap from RB.

[Edited on 29/3/15 by sandwich]

theduck - 29/3/15 at 11:43 AM

Managed to avoid spoilers all day and then your thread title gives it away!! Could you no have posted in the thread on this subject already?

joneh - 29/3/15 at 11:46 AM

Rookie mistake!

sandwich - 29/3/15 at 12:05 PM

Yep it's a bit of a rookie mistake looking at a car forum if you don't want to know anything about a car race that happened several hours ago. I bet you haven't looked at twitter, facebook, sky sports or the BBC website? So why look here?

I didn't see another thread as I would have posted on that.....

Andy W - 29/3/15 at 12:17 PM

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=197193
doesn't bother me this week, as I watched the race live
but quite often tape to watch later
I avoid posts about F1, but if the result in the title you don't have any choice
probably spoiled for a few people

clairetoo - 29/3/15 at 12:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sandwich
Yep it's a bit of a rookie mistake looking at a car forum if you don't want to know anything about a car race that happened several hours ago. I bet you haven't looked at twitter, facebook, sky sports or the BBC website? So why look here?

The rookie mistake is in putting the full subject in the title.......which in my opinion makes you a thoughtless git .
Not everyone gets up at 7AM to watch the F1 - you have just ruined a lot of peoples day .

loggyboy - 29/3/15 at 12:21 PM

[comment deleted]
Thanks for ruining my afternoon.

[Edited on 3/4/2015 by ChrisW]

SPYDER - 29/3/15 at 12:24 PM

I've reported to mods to have the thread deleted if possible.

sandwich - 29/3/15 at 12:31 PM

I didn't get up at 7am to watch it either, I recorded it and watched it an hour or so later. Before that I avoided any place that may reveal the result to me. I guessed places like this and twitter, ,facebook, other car forums would have details on so I avoided them, if you look on a car forum then its fairly frickin obvious they will be discussing car races. doh!

The only moron is you loggyboy, why go onto a car forum that is likely to contain the results? Jeez grow up.

Why report it for deletion? Is there a rule that says do not post about race results ever? Or is there an acceptable time after to post? what about those that might not watch it till next week? should it not be posted at all? I haven't broken any of the forum rules that I'm aware of.

Andy W - 29/3/15 at 12:39 PM

No rules, just common sense
In over 10 years on here, I've seen lots of threads on F1 on race day
which i don't read if I haven't watched the race
but I don't think I have ever seen the result posted in the title
looks like I'm going to have to avoid this site, if I've taped the race in future

CRAIGR - 29/3/15 at 12:49 PM

Some of the language is pretty inconsiderate too

plentywahalla - 29/3/15 at 12:56 PM

quote:
I didn't get up at 7am to watch it either, I recorded it and watched it an hour or so later. Before that I avoided any place that may reveal the result to me. I guessed places like this and twitter, ,facebook, other car forums would have details on so I avoided them, if you look on a car forum then its fairly frickin obvious they will be discussing car races. doh!

The only moron is you loggyboy, why go onto a car forum that is likely to contain the results? Jeez grow up.

Why report it for deletion? Is there a rule that says do not post about race results ever? Or is there an acceptable time after to post? what about those that might not watch it till next week? should it not be posted at all? I haven't broken any of the forum rules that I'm aware of.

So you are saying that YOU recorded it and then avoided looking at any sites that might be discussing the race. Then once you had viewed YOUR recording went public with the result in your title to spoil it for everyone else! You must have known that the majority of people who like you didn't get up at 6 am (GMT) would be watching the repeat this afternoon!

Why not just apologise for a naive mistake instead of calling others morons.

rusty nuts - 29/3/15 at 12:59 PM

I think he's one sandwich short of a picnic

spiderman - 29/3/15 at 01:11 PM

quote:

didn't look too hard then?

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/

"F1 with spoilers"

Why not man up if it was a mistake and apologise for ruining a lot of peoples day, you could have removed the thread yourself.

[Edited on 29/3/15 by spiderman]

SPYDER - 29/3/15 at 01:13 PM

Who fancies a sandwich? It is lunchtime!

Johneturbo - 29/3/15 at 01:20 PM

I would have thought here would have been a safe place not to see the results, even pistonheads that have a sub forum purely for F1 don't ever put results in the title.

shame on you. thankfully i watched it live, but feel for others you ruined the race for

joneh - 29/3/15 at 01:40 PM

quote:

Don't take it personally, it's a standing agreement not to put spoilers in the title, hence Rookie Mistake.

twybrow - 29/3/15 at 01:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by joneh
quote:

Don't take it personally, it's a standing agreement not to put spoilers in the title, hence Rookie Mistake.

Agreed. Take it as a lesson learned Sandwich, on LCBs we don't post results in a title, and if we are adding spoilers to a post, generally it will say so in the title. Plenty on here, myself included, browse the site and watch the F1 replay later safe in the knowledge that the result wont be posted on the front page of LCB. How about you edit your post to change the title so you don't ruin it for anyone else?

JoelP - 29/3/15 at 02:09 PM

It's an annoying thing having spoilers when it's bleeding obvious that you don't put them on the front page following an early morning race. What's even more annoying is that it's not been edited despite everyone telling noobie about forum etiquette - and then coming back lippy. Unreal.

acb2713 - 29/3/15 at 02:17 PM

Were you born this stupid, or did you have to work at it?

As it happens I do avoid all the sites you mentioned, and more, so I do not find out the result before I've had a chance to watch the race. Never, to my knowledge, has anyone on this forum ever posted the result in the title.

But perhaps even this is too difficult for you to understand.

sandwich - 29/3/15 at 02:22 PM

quote:

Thanks, so I made a rookie mistake. A simple request to change the title would have helped a newbie out (not sure if I can, might need a mod to do that, any pointers?)

But instead of a message or a post requesting that its edited I get called:

quote:
Originally posted by clairetoo
a thoughtless git .

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
YOU FUCKING MORON.

quote:
a troll doesn't have any fun unless he can ruin it for as many people as possible.

quote:
Originally posted by acb2713
Were you born this stupid

Such a nice welcome you give people, hows about just asking me to rename the thread (if I can find out how).

quote:
Originally posted by CRAIGR

Yup, they're obviously too far up their own backsides to be considerate to others and make a simple request instead of just abusing an innocent mistake, but bullies will be bullies.

sandwich - 29/3/15 at 02:25 PM

Found the edit, hope you bullies are happy now

theprisioner - 29/3/15 at 02:26 PM

This thread is not what we normally aspire to in terms of behaviour, is it!

JoelP - 29/3/15 at 02:31 PM

Sorry, you don't have a leg to stand on. 2 people pointed it out in perfectly reasonable terms and you came back saying it was their fault for coming on a car forum. It took you 4 hours to edit the title. All you had to do in you first reply was say something like 'good point, I didn't know the etiquette' and you'd have had no bullshit from anyone.

quote:
quote:

Thanks, so I made a rookie mistake. A simple request to change the title would have helped a newbie out (not sure if I can, might need a mod to do that, any pointers?)

But instead of a message or a post requesting that its edited I get called:

quote:
Originally posted by clairetoo
a thoughtless git .

quote:
YOU FUCKING MORON.

quote:
a troll doesn't have any fun unless he can ruin it for as many people as possible.

quote:
Originally posted by acb2713
Were you born this stupid

Such a nice welcome you give people, hows about just asking me to rename the thread (if I can find out how).

quote:
Originally posted by CRAIGR

Yup, they're obviously too far up their own backsides to be considerate to others and make a simple request instead of just abusing an innocent mistake, but bullies will be bullies.

sandwich - 29/3/15 at 02:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
Sorry, you don't have a leg to stand on. 2 people pointed it out in perfectly reasonable terms and you came back saying it was their fault for coming on a car forum. It took you 4 hours to edit the title. All you had to do in you first reply was say something like 'good point, I didn't know the etiquette' and you'd have had no bullshit from anyone.

In my first reply I assumed the rookie mistake joneh posted was relating to theduck reading a car forum. How was I to know?

It took me 10 mins to edit the title after I had got back home after being out from my last post. I edited it as it was pointed out clearly and politely by joneh that I had broken an unknown standing agreement not to put spoilers in the title.

Calling people FUCKING morons and inconsiderate gits doesn't really motivate someone to try and find out how to edit a thread title when they are in a rush to get out the house to an appointment.

And I have 2 legs to stand on last time I checked.

[Edited on 29/3/15 by sandwich]

dubzter - 29/3/15 at 02:52 PM

Poor show folks. this should be locked/deleted

[Edited on 29/3/15 by dubzter]

daniel mason - 29/3/15 at 02:54 PM

Give him a break guys! There's people with far bigger problems in the world than finding out an f1 result!

femster87 - 29/3/15 at 02:58 PM

Oh dear, the world has ended because someone announced a result before you got a chance to watch it. All the name calling is pathetic bullying

jwhatley - 29/3/15 at 03:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
Give him a break guys! There's people with far bigger problems in the world than finding out an f1 result!

Exactly!

if you stood back and actually listened to yourselves you would find it is totally pathetic.

There are far worse things in life than finding out the F1 result accidentally.

JW

907 - 29/3/15 at 03:14 PM

This is disgusting language to use against a relative newcomer and sums up the way this country is now.

Last week a bloke killed 149 people….. and he didn't get this treatment.

Paul G

MikeRJ - 29/3/15 at 03:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by femster87
Oh dear, the world has ended because someone announced a result before you got a chance to watch it. All the name calling is pathetic bullying

Exactly. It's also pretty sad that people consider their day "ruined" by knowing the result of a tedious F1 race.

scootz - 29/3/15 at 03:53 PM

quote:

Spot on!

steve m - 29/3/15 at 04:09 PM

sorry, but im with the "if you don't want to hear the result don't go on a car related website brigade"

My father and I have been shutting our ears to all types of media's including my mother, and wife over stuff like this, on car and football results for f ing years , until will have actually seen the programme

I actually got up, err no watched the F1 on my phone while still in bed this morning, it wasn't exactly early !!

steve

joneh - 29/3/15 at 04:47 PM

Anyway welcome to the forum

jps - 29/3/15 at 06:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dubzter
Poor show folks. this should be locked/deleted

[Edited on 29/3/15 by dubzter]

What he said.

jps - 29/3/15 at 06:06 PM

quote:
Anyway welcome to the forum

And what he said too...

Jon Ison - 29/3/15 at 06:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 907
This is disgusting language to use against a relative newcomer and sums up the way this country is now.

Last week a bloke killed 149 people….. and he didn't get this treatment.

Paul G

Sums it up nicely.

britishtrident - 29/3/15 at 07:16 PM

If a race has been shown on free to air TV then the result is free available and open to discussion anything else is simply daft the tail end should not wag the dog.

[Edited on 29/3/15 by britishtrident]

wylliezx9r - 29/3/15 at 07:40 PM

Welcome to the forum Sandwich.

The people who have made bullying comments should be ashamed. Bloody cars going around a track for f*ck sake.

[Edited on 29/3/15 by wylliezx9r]

CosKev3 - 29/3/15 at 09:14 PM

quote:

As above.

Massive over reaction imo, if it's that important to you stay away from car sites as prev mentioned is the best idea.

loggyboy - 29/3/15 at 10:05 PM

Id like to apologise to Sandwich, on reflection my post was worded far too harshly.
I was just so annoyed as id been on half an hour before and seen the thread labeled 'f1 with spoilers' so had assumed it was (as normal on this site) safe to browse.
Lesson learnt by both, and as stated no real harm done.

daniel mason - 29/3/15 at 10:14 PM

Fair play loggy! I was biting my lip not to reply to your original reply,and I'm glad I did now.
This is generally such a good forum. Let's try keep it this way

bi22le - 29/3/15 at 11:15 PM

Pats on the back around, many lessons learnt.

I think that some of us regulars expect newbies to know the unwritten rules LCB because most people browse on here for so long before signing up!!

craig1410 - 30/3/15 at 01:01 AM

As a long time user of this forum I'm a bit disappointed to say the least about the reaction to the OP.

I've had race results spoiled for me in the past too and it's never fun. The one that really gets me going is when someone says something they think is just a playful hint but I can then immediately deduce the precise result, often much to their surprise!

I remember last year I got dragged out to John Lewis's on a shopping expedition with Mrs C only to find myself in the TV section of John Lewis just as the podium celebration took place! FFS, I was surrounded by 30 TV's all playing the same f**king feed!

Anyway, sounds like at least some folk have seen the error of their ways and apologised to the OP. I'd like to add my own apology to sandwich on behalf of those who are too proud to do so and hope that he doesn't think we're all so quick to be abusive.

Keep calm and enjoy the racing folks!

C.

Acc8braman - 30/3/15 at 05:30 AM

quote:

Acc8braman - 30/3/15 at 05:30 AM

quote:

Acc8braman - 30/3/15 at 05:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jwhatley
quote:

Exactly!

if you stood back and actually listened to yourselves you would find it is totally pathetic.

There are far worse things in life than finding out the F1 result accidentally.

JW

Acc8braman - 30/3/15 at 05:32 AM

quote:
Id like to apologise to Sandwich, on reflection my post was worded far too harshly.
I was just so annoyed as id been on half an hour before and seen the thread labeled 'f1 with spoilers' so had assumed it was (as normal on this site) safe to browse.

craig1410 - 30/3/15 at 08:53 AM

@Acc8braman, just curious why you felt the need to extract all the quotes of apologies. If it was in response to my post then you may have missed the fact I already pointed out that some people had already apologised?

Also, FYI you can include multiple quotes in a single post to save you having to post 4 times in a row.

[Edited on 30/3/2015 by craig1410]

CosKev3 - 30/3/15 at 11:08 AM

quote:

Your lucky that moderators only come on this forum once a year or so tbh, as you would have been banned within minutes on most car forums.

Trollyjack - 30/3/15 at 11:20 AM

As far a I can see F1 has spoilt its self it be come boring shame the guy posted it up but to be honest I recorded it and if I miss the race I miss it.
More important things in life happen.
at 7:15 Saturday morning I recieved a call telling me my Brother had died in the night.

That throws everthing out of the window as I can see about F1.

Life is just poo sometimes, we learn to live and get on with it.

daniel mason - 30/3/15 at 12:10 PM

That's a real shame trolley jack!

kingster996 - 30/3/15 at 12:23 PM

I think this might have got a little out of hand as the OP replied to the initial gently worded comments with a large dollop sarcasm rather than apologising for not knowing the 'rules' (or etiquette).

quote:

So, this then got a few people's backs up and the red mist descended.

I absolutely hate it if I see a spoiler for MotoGP as I really look forward to the races and often record it so as not to conflict with family matters.

But as another post has so sadly pointed out - at the end of the day, it's just a race and there's way more important stuff to get irate about that doesn't involve slagging each other off.

craig1410 - 30/3/15 at 12:41 PM

To be honest it was the sheer hostility that I objected to and found disappointing. Totally out of proportion.

I would also tend to agree that, if you don't want to accidentally find out the result of a worldwide sporting event then you should stay well away from the TV, Radio, Internet, Social Media, friends, family etc. as much as possible.

Not everyone can watch every event live and it is certainly annoying when you find out the result like this but if you are really an F1 fan then the enjoyment probably comes as much from the back-story and the racing as it does from the final result. In fact 2 weeks ago in the Australian GP I enjoyed the build-up more than the entire race and result but that's another story...

Anyway condolences to TrolleyJack for your loss.

loggyboy - 30/3/15 at 12:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
Your lucky that moderators only come on this forum once a year or so tbh, as you would have been banned within minutes on most car forums.

Most forums would have been well moderated enough to delete/amend the original thread within minutes.

Texan - 30/3/15 at 02:54 PM

I was as mad or madder than anyone I saw posting once I saw the thread title, but I resisted coming into the thread till I had time to watch the race. I was hoping you guys were giving him what for.

Yes, it completely spoiled the last part of the race for me. It could have gone a couple of ways and you'd have been on the edge of your seat, but as it was I almost just turned it off.

I think it's only common sense and good manners not give away any of the bigger moments of a race in this DVR age. It doesn't matter if it's a week later.

"Boy I was happy & surprised at the outcome of the F1 race!" or something like that wouldn't have impacted as many people's lives. I'm on many car forums and this is the only thread posted in any of the forums I'm on anywhere in the world.

CosKev3 - 30/3/15 at 03:03 PM

quote:
quote:

Most forums would have been well moderated enough to delete/amend the original thread within minutes.

Get a grip, what rules were broken by it?

Where as swearing and name calling are blatant rules broken.

CosKev3 - 30/3/15 at 03:05 PM

Funny how so many big F1 followers can't be arsed to get up for 7am to watch it live.....

Daddylonglegs - 30/3/15 at 03:20 PM

quote:
Funny how so many big F1 followers can't be arsed to get up for 7am to watch it live.....

Good point, well presented!

dubzter - 30/3/15 at 03:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Texan
I was as mad or madder than anyone I saw posting once I saw the thread title, but I resisted coming into the thread till I had time to watch the race. I was hoping you guys were giving him what for.

Yes, it completely spoiled the last part of the race for me. It could have gone a couple of ways and you'd have been on the edge of your seat, but as it was I almost just turned it off.

I think it's only common sense and good manners not give away any of the bigger moments of a race in this DVR age. It doesn't matter if it's a week later.

"Boy I was happy & surprised at the outcome of the F1 race!" or something like that wouldn't have impacted as many people's lives. I'm on many car forums and this is the only thread posted in any of the forums I'm on anywhere in the world.

If it impacted your life that much maybe you should just stay off the internet until you have watched the race.

I can't believe that so many people are treating this like crime of the century. Get a grip!

leon51274 - 30/3/15 at 04:05 PM

I think some people need to wake up and smell the roses.

loggyboy - 30/3/15 at 04:08 PM

quote:

Funny how having 2 sick children and a job can make planning your life a little harder.

Texan - 30/3/15 at 04:09 PM

quote:
quote:

If it impacted your life that much maybe you should just stay off the internet until you have watched the race.

I can't believe that so many people are treating this like crime of the century. Get a grip!

The point is that no where else on any of my internet car forums was someone rude enough to spoil it for so many people.

CRAIGR - 30/3/15 at 05:02 PM

Rude no, inconsiderate or naive maybe.

As said in the scheme of things it immensely trivial .

As for moderation I for one think generally this forum needs little as most behave like adults and play nicely

[Edited on 30/3/15 by CRAIGR]

karlak - 30/3/15 at 05:15 PM

So who won then ?

perksy - 30/3/15 at 05:27 PM

I think this thread would be best deleted and placed in the cyberspace skip

Fozzie or Chris can you hit the red button please ?

daniel mason - 30/3/15 at 05:38 PM

For those that don't know. Damon hill won the race and broke the lap record! In a diesel fiesta

Dopdog - 30/3/15 at 06:05 PM

quote:
For those that don't know. Damon hill won the race and broke the lap record! In a diesel fiesta

I cannot believe you have spurted the results out!

oh and I have not turned my TV on since some time in January I have way too much going on to be sat inside vegging out

gremlin1234 - 30/3/15 at 07:12 PM

quote:
and Helen Skelton in second, with a 2cv!
woops sorry that's the all new Top Gear

daniel mason - 30/3/15 at 07:41 PM

CosKev3 - 30/3/15 at 08:45 PM

quote:
quote:

Funny how having 2 sick children and a job can make planning your life a little harder.

But you found time to browse locost Builders though.....

daniel mason - 30/3/15 at 09:00 PM

THIS SHOULD BE THE LAST POST ON THIS THREAD! It's going nowhere fast and going to end up in tears

steve m - 30/3/15 at 09:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dopdog
quote:

bugger !!

Im sure that was the next scalextric race !
in China

now that really has ruined it for so many sad fuckers

[Edited on 30/3/15 by steve m]

02GF74 - 30/3/15 at 09:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by perksy
I think this thread would be best deleted and placed in the cyberspace skip

No this thread should stay to show up those that have overreacted.

I frequent quite a few forums and almost inevitably due to their very nature of remote conversations, there will be disagreements that can end up in abuse from both parties. At that point I usually stop posting.

The ridiculously huge number of posts I've made show that this place is one of the nicer places on the internet.

It is a shame that a minority have let the site down.

If not knowing the results of any competitions is that important, don't go on the internet, don't listen to the radio nor watch TV, don't read your texts, don't answer any phone calls, stay indoors to avoid seeing any newspapers and don't talk to anyone. (anything missed out?)

killerferret666 - 31/3/15 at 08:51 AM

This is the internet. If you dont want to know a result stay away from as much as possible.

forums - no
facebook - no
twitter - no
news websites - no
tv - no (unless you know news isnt on)

I always try to watch it live but once couldnt, had dodged the result all day, listening to the radio about a mile from home in world of my own news came on and gave me the result...luckily it was a boring race

Texan - 31/3/15 at 02:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74

If not knowing the results of any competitions is that important, don't go on the internet, don't listen to the radio nor watch TV, don't read your texts, don't answer any phone calls, stay indoors to avoid seeing any newspapers and don't talk to anyone. (anything missed out?)

And don't post anything you wouldn't want to see or would spoil the race if you hadn't seen the race already.

And if you simply MUST then put SPOILER in the thread title and don't give the thread a name that ruins it for everyone else.

Good manners and common sense in other words.

Alfa145 - 31/3/15 at 02:30 PM

quote:
quote:

Well said. If you don't want to know the result then stay off anything that might give you the result. It's your choice not to watch it live why deny those that have bothered watching it live the chance to discuss?

Texan - 1/4/15 at 03:08 AM

You got it at 7 a.m. I got it at 1:00 a.m. so live wasn't an option.

You've got to remember the internet spans many time zones & countries so common sense says don't spoil it for everyone else with the title of the thread and warn them the content might be a spoiler and then everyone is happy.

sandwich - 3/4/15 at 10:55 AM

What a interesting set of replies. I may have made a mistake, it still didn't warrant the torrent of abuse and bullying i got on this thread and by private message.

quote:

Seems dubzter hit the nail on the head. Thanks to those that sent me messages apologising on behalf of the idiots on here and saying it's normally a nice place.

So after the next GP, will you come on here? Maybe I'll be back to deliberately post the result in a title as I didn't like the abuse I got? Will you take the chance?

Perhaps net time you may act more humanely and reply more considerately instead off hiding behind a keyboard and hurling abuse at someone that didn't know something.

Or will you keep on bullying newbies? Will I be back on here posting after China.......?

[Edited on 3/4/15 by sandwich]

joneh - 3/4/15 at 11:06 AM

I think we should draw a line under all of this and stick to the gentlemans agreement we have on this site not to put spoilers of any sporting event in the title.

I don't think your last post has helped much and I'd recommend not splashing fuel on the fire with suggestions of deliberately antagonising the situation. Maybe edit it, chalk it down to experience and utilise this site for its wealth of knowledge and (generally) friendly advice.

PSpirine - 3/4/15 at 12:44 PM

quote:
I think we should draw a line under all of this and stick to the gentlemans agreement we have on this site not to put spoilers of any sporting event in the title.

I find this interesting. While I myself would never post it in the title as I hate spoilers in general, I've *always* avoided looking at locostbuilders if I don't want to know the result of a race. My assumption was always that there'd be a spoiler on the main page, so I stayed off to be safe.

Good to know that I can now visit safely in the knowledge that there won't be a F1 spoiler, and if there is, I can spend the 3 hours I would've watched the race, reading about people bitching about the post.

F1.. not very locost. Although nice of McLaren to bring a Pinto-powered car to the race.

spiderman - 3/4/15 at 02:24 PM

quote:
What a interesting set of replies. I may have made a mistake, it still didn't warrant the torrent of abuse and bullying i got on this thread and by private message.

quote:

Seems dubzter hit the nail on the head. Thanks to those that sent me messages apologising on behalf of the idiots on here and saying it's normally a nice place.

So after the next GP, will you come on here? Maybe I'll be back to deliberately post the result in a title as I didn't like the abuse I got? Will you take the chance?

Perhaps net time you may act more humanely and reply more considerately instead off hiding behind a keyboard and hurling abuse at someone that didn't know something.

Or will you keep on bullying newbies? Will I be back on here posting after China.......?

A sincere apology, like the one Loggyboy made after his knee jerk reaction, may have gone a long way to ingratiate yourself amongst those who were upset at your rookie mistake. I don't think that defensive and petulant comments are really helping the situation.
I applaud Loggyboy for his apology as it takes a real man to take a good look at himself, to admit he was wrong and to say so in front of everyone.

I have tried to put my opinion across in the most gentle and helpful way as I know how. If it offends you or anyone else for that matter I apologise.

wylliezx9r - 3/4/15 at 03:57 PM

Sandwich, the majority of the forum sided with you including myself and several people have apologized for their reactions. Why not just draw a line in the sand and let bygones be bygones. You're not doing your self any favours at all with the tone of your previous post.

[Edited on 3/4/15 by wylliezx9r]

BenB - 3/4/15 at 04:25 PM

Nah keep it going for a few more days. I've still got some popcorn left I wish they'd do spoilers on the radio- or at least start the headline with "in formula one" to give me a chance to switch off or start la-la-laing so I don't hear. All too often they start with "Sebastian Vettel won the......" by which time it's too late!

I reckon we're all grumpy because finger boy's back

will121 - 3/4/15 at 05:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BenB
Nah keep it going for a few more days. I've still got some popcorn left I wish they'd do spoilers on the radio- or at least start the headline with "in formula one" to give me a chance to switch off or start la-la-laing so I don't hear. All too often they start with "Sebastian Vettel won the......" by which time it's too late!

I reckon we're all grumpy because finger boy's back

Even David coultard said he wished he could fast forward the race to see who was going to finish first as thare was for once a bit of tension mid race

maccmike - 3/4/15 at 06:55 PM

quote:

quote:

I had sympathy for you Sandwich, I dont now. We all do things wrong in life and get a rollicking for it from time to time, unjust or not. Take it on the chin like a man and let it go.