Board logo

Cheap flights?
coozer - 18/9/16 at 05:25 PM

Anyone recommend a webby to search for cheap flights?

Using skyscanner at the moment but prices seem to vary quite a bit...

Best deal ive found so far is Gran Canaria to Gatwick 12/12/2016 for £20.99... although that doesnt help me it gives me hope!

Looking for TFS to NCL next April...

joneh - 18/9/16 at 06:40 PM

I find most sites give roughly the same price, just depends on the day you book. When I fly to the states I know the price will drop to £440 ish at some point so just check daily.

Use topcashback for another %.

alland3851 - 18/9/16 at 06:41 PM

Hi, try kiwi.com, used them a couple of times and were cheapest.

LBMEFM - 18/9/16 at 06:51 PM

Annually travel and seem to get good deals on long haul flights on "Round the World Experts.com." See the website first then give them a phone call to get the best deal.

swanny - 19/9/16 at 11:50 AM

same experience as others for me, having several weeks to go back and re run the searches seemed to throw up very different results.

trying to get a cheap flight to Edinburgh for the festival the price seemed to double in about two hours, and then after a few weeks i tried again and got it lower than the original price again!

paul

alland3851 - 19/9/16 at 02:23 PM

Hi Swanny, remember to delete your browsing history before you search because if you don't the companies know you have been looking and bump up the price to see if you bite.

ravingfool - 19/9/16 at 02:24 PM

I've used travel trolley twice this year (once for flights this year, once in Jan/Feb 2017) and happy with their prices.

sdh2903 - 19/9/16 at 02:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alland3851
Hi Swanny, remember to delete your browsing history before you search because if you don't the companies know you have been looking and bump up the price to see if you bite.

This^^

Disgusting that they can do this and I work for a holiday company!!

Also ive found a Tuesday morning the cheapest time to book bizarrly, this was a tip passed on by my dad and I thought he was nuts. Turns out he was right.

It really depends on what route(s) your after. I've always found flight only, just find out the operators that fly it and check direct. We always end up flying from Manchester as it saves us £££ even with my staff discount due to the offset in the school holidays between the Scottish and English.