Board logo

redifon 101 flight simulaor
Schrodinger - 24/9/18 at 07:00 PM

A bit of a long shot but does anybody on here have any knowledge or better still documentation regarding the Redifon 101 Flight Simulator?

Mr Whippy - 25/9/18 at 06:02 AM

in case you didn't know....this museum has one so maybe they could help

linky

Schrodinger - 25/9/18 at 06:40 AM

Hehe, thanks for that, it is for the Flixton Aviation Museum that I am trying to find some documentation as they acquired the sim but with parts missing and no documentation. But thanks all the same for looking.

Mr Whippy - 25/9/18 at 07:38 AM

Ah...

prawnabie - 25/9/18 at 08:00 AM

There used to be an old provost based one languishing with a load of old cars on a property down by me, I will check next time I pass as someone got wind of the site, posted it on a forum and it got ransacked!

hughpinder - 25/9/18 at 11:46 AM

This guy may be able to copy some??
http://www.milweb.net/webvert/76966

Mr Whippy - 25/9/18 at 12:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hughpinder
This guy may be able to copy some??
http://www.milweb.net/webvert/76966

the complexity of that... my phone no doubt could manage all that better

hughpinder - 25/9/18 at 12:36 PM

Where I work I maintain the plant automation system. When we designed/installed in in the early 90s we used 22 'supercomputers' to control the plant. I think the iphone 4s was the first phone with a number crunching ability to surpass the whole automation system.

Mr Whippy - 25/9/18 at 10:41 PM

If you're interested in old computers look into those used on the Apollo space craft for some very weird and amazingly clever solutions.

avagolen - 26/9/18 at 07:23 PM

Shame really. I joined Redifon just after the 101 ceased production. I think they were all built at the Aylesbury plant.
This plant was closed down in 1991/1992 and the remaining staff etc moved to Crawley. I have a colleague who may have personal experience but I will not see him for a while. Will let you know.

Schrodinger - 26/9/18 at 07:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by avagolen
Shame really. I joined Redifon just after the 101 ceased production. I think they were all built at the Aylesbury plant.
This plant was closed down in 1991/1992 and the remaining staff etc moved to Crawley. I have a colleague who may have personal experience but I will not see him for a while. Will let you know.

Thanks for that

steve m - 26/9/18 at 08:19 PM

Im in Crawley, and remember Redifon well, its Thales now, and still a Military site (I believe) as the security is quite hot

were they not heavily into radar and the like back in the 60's ? as they had lots of very weird stuff in their compound in Manor Royal industrial site

Also pre Redifon in Crawley on that site was APV Paramount, a VERY big metal works and foundery, My Father in law was a trainer their from the early 1950-1975 ish ?

steve