Board logo

Editors band
BrumBrum - 24/10/18 at 08:56 AM

My wife bought me tickets to see Editors last week and I'd forgotten just how good they are. Highly recommended.

I take a small compact camera to gigs which copes remarkably well considering all it has to contend with.

[Edited on 24/10/18 by BrumBrum]

loggyboy - 24/10/18 at 10:48 AM

I only know Munich. Had forgotten it tho. Cheets for the reminder!

BrumBrum - 24/10/18 at 11:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
I only know Munich. Had forgotten it tho. Cheets for the reminder!

Here you go Munich starts at about 4:20 : )

bi22le - 24/10/18 at 07:01 PM

I saw Editors at Glastonbury when their debut album was released. I good band and I'm glad they are still going and filling gigs.

I have moved away from indie in my older age (30s) and onto EDM. Im sure I'm doing this the wrong way round!!

BrumBrum - 24/10/18 at 09:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
I saw Editors at Glastonbury when their debut album was released. I good band and I'm glad they are still going and filling gigs.

I have moved away from indie in my older age (30s) and onto EDM. Im sure I'm doing this the wrong way round!!

At 58 I've stopped worrying, I just love music. I remember a couple of years ago at a gig, an 18-20 year old saying to me aren't you too old to be here? I asked her at what age she thought she might stop liking music? She didn't reply: )

Ugg10 - 24/10/18 at 09:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BrumBrum

At 58 I've stopped worrying, I just love music. I remember a couple of years ago at a gig, an 18-20 year old saying to me aren't you too old to be here? I asked her at what age she thought she might stop liking music? She didn't reply: )

Can’t agree more, just turned 50 and go to more gigs than I have done ever (maybe with the exception of my Uni years in London). I have successfully indoctrinated my Son in the same music I like so enjoy father/son quality time a few times a year which is good. Started going to small venues and really enjoying that aswell. Luckily the music I like tends to have crowds that don’t give a flying fig how old or what you look like so long as you have a good, safe night out.

Download tickets out tomorrow with Tool headlining (with Def Leppard and Slipknot also headlining) too good to be missed and I am ashamed to say will be my first multi day festival. Tesseract (with Plini and Between the buried and me) in December first though m/

[Edited on 24/10/18 by Ugg10]

BrumBrum - 25/10/18 at 04:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ugg10
quote:
Originally posted by BrumBrum

Can’t agree more, just turned 50 and go to more gigs than I have done ever (maybe with the exception of my Uni years in London). I have successfully indoctrinated my Son in the same music I like so enjoy father/son quality time a few times a year which is good. Started going to small venues and really enjoying that aswell. Luckily the music I like tends to have crowds that don’t give a flying fig how old or what you look like so long as you have a good, safe night out.

Download tickets out tomorrow with Tool headlining (with Def Leppard and Slipknot also headlining) too good to be missed and I am ashamed to say will be my first multi day festival. Tesseract (with Plini and Between the buried and me) in December first though m/

[Edited on 24/10/18 by Ugg10]

Living close to Manchester we have plenty of venues of all shapes and sizes. I too love the small places, you see bands both on the way up and one the way down: ) I'm off watching Gaz Coombes (Supergrass) tomorrow night with wife and daughter (who's come up from Newbury).

Ironically I was 48 before I did my first festival, it had to be Glastonbury and have been hooked since.

Ugg10 - 25/10/18 at 06:12 PM

Download tickets purchased m/

My first gig was at the Manchester Apollo in 1983 - Michael Schenker Group followed closely by Gary Moore and then Iron Maiden. Great venue.

BrumBrum have a great night out.