Board logo

Anyone near Bournemouth / identify the car
terrorfactor - 7/7/20 at 06:04 PM

Hi all,

In a bit of an impulse, I bid on a kit car on eBay. I couldn't reach the seller in time to answer my questions, so made a blind offer. Of course I won.
The seller gave me to the weekend to pick the car up, not that easy if you're in Belgium and have a job. I'm trying to work something out, but I'm posting here as a backup plan.

The car is SORN and has no MOT (used as a track car the last few years).

Soooo, very cheeky question: does someone near Bournemouth have the room to store the car for a few weeks, or is travelling to the continent with an empty trailer or knows a good transportation company that could arrange pick up in a very short time?

I'm trying my best, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to pull it off in that timeframe....
It's a fisher fury according to the ad, although it is registered as a phoenix. I don't know them well enough and hadn't had time to look into it, but they should both be fine for my needs.

The car in question:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/eJtF9M5_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium[/img]

[Edited on 7/7/20 by terrorfactor]

wonderfulweasel - 7/7/20 at 06:40 PM

Try Shipley.com
You should be able to get a transportation quote from someone on there.

adithorp - 7/7/20 at 08:12 PM

Looks like a Fury but pretty modified one so hard to be sure. Could be a Pheonix as some early ones had a very Fury-like rear. The real giveaway is whether the front suspension rocker arms go over or under the top chassis rail. Over is Fury and under Phoenix/StrikerClubman

terrorfactor - 7/7/20 at 09:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Looks like a Fury but pretty modified one so hard to be sure. Could be a Pheonix as some early ones had a very Fury-like rear. The real giveaway is whether the front suspension rocker arms go over or under the top chassis rail. Over is Fury and under Phoenix/StrikerClubman
your wish is my command!

adithorp - 7/7/20 at 10:02 PM

It's not a Fury and I think technically it's not a Phoenix either. They both have inboard shocks/springs.
I think thats a Striker Mk4 (clubman) that per-dated them, though I'm not completely familiar with the order of Jeremy Phillips models.

terrorfactor - 7/7/20 at 10:08 PM

Oh, interesting. I've asked the same question in the jpsc forum, maybe someone there knows.

Edit: found this post: https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?f=30&t=701733

So a mark IV Striker = Phoenix
Based on the age, registration of the car and no windscreen, it looks like it will be a Phoenix.

[Edited on 7/7/20 by terrorfactor]

adithorp - 8/7/20 at 06:49 PM

Not quite that simple. I'm not fully versed in them but to the best of my knowledge...

The Phoenix is a full body car built on the same chassis as a Stiker. There were AIUI, 4 versions of Striker (I think). One (mk3 I think) had outboard suspension (as your car has) and the first full bodied car was the Striker Clubman. This I think was the MK4 and had a rear similar to the Fury (flat) and later developed into the Phoenix but with a rounded boat tail. To add confusion into that, yours could have had a body change using Fury panels or even be a mix of Fury/Phoenix panels (making it a Furenix?)

I'm not helping am I?

terrorfactor - 8/7/20 at 09:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Not quite that simple. I'm not fully versed in them but to the best of my knowledge...

The Phoenix is a full body car built on the same chassis as a Stiker. There were AIUI, 4 versions of Striker (I think). One (mk3 I think) had outboard suspension (as your car has) and the first full bodied car was the Striker Clubman. This I think was the MK4 and had a rear similar to the Fury (flat) and later developed into the Phoenix but with a rounded boat tail. To add confusion into that, yours could have had a body change using Fury panels or even be a mix of Fury/Phoenix panels (making it a Furenix?)

I'm not helping am I?
haha, not really!

It looks like it'll get worked out. A transporter on pistonheads contacted me. This couldn't go though as his scheduling didn't work for the seller, but he referred me to a colleague that can help me out. They both seem to have a good reputation, so I'm fairly confident it'll be okay.
I'm getting a bit anxious now, this thing has so much potential!

I am really considering buying a trailer or a van myself, there are too many cool cars in the UK and I can't help myself.
I'll keep you guys informed! ETA is next week on Friday.