Board logo

Moving to Pembrokeshire - Where to get materials etc.
tilly819 - 21/2/21 at 12:18 PM

Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of moving to Pembrokeshire. The machines are all wrapped up and getting moved this week. All very exciting there is a big barn that I can use as a workshop for the Youtube channel and general tinkering etc. But...

I could do with a bit of advice from anyone who lives near by.

We are moving to in between Fishguard and Cardigan and I'm struggling to find any local material stockholders. Steel, stainless, ally - Nuts, bolts, fasteners etc. Closest I've been able to find is Milford haven.

If anyone around that area knows any good supplies I'd very grateful to hear about them.

Cheers

Tilly

Grimsdale - 22/2/21 at 08:39 AM

You could try agricultural suppliers, such as CCF or wynnstay in Cardigan. I have used other farmer's merchants for various bits including fasteners.

Lovely part of the world, my family have had a caravan down there that I've been going to for 35+ years

perksy - 22/2/21 at 03:59 PM

Your a lucky man, We love Pembrookshire and we visit as often as we can

Nice people and a lovely part of the world...

nick205 - 22/2/21 at 04:21 PM

When lockdown allows

1. Find a local engineering / fabricating business and see where they get materials from.

2. Look for boat chandlery shop, they usually supply a surprising amount of stainless fixings to boat owners.

emlyno - 22/2/21 at 09:12 PM

You can try the little Ind Est in Station Road, Cardigan. Not been there recently for the well known reason.
M & E Pearce do fastenings and I'm sure I've seen a steel stockholders there somewhere. I've found that if you ask in these places they can point you in the right direction.

nick205 - 23/2/21 at 08:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by emlyno
You can try the little Ind Est in Station Road, Cardigan. Not been there recently for the well known reason.
M & E Pearce do fastenings and I'm sure I've seen a steel stockholders there somewhere. I've found that if you ask in these places they can point you in the right direction.

That's just the sort of local knowledge you need to gain. Sniff out where others (even companies) are getting their stuff from.

mark chandler - 25/2/21 at 12:20 AM

We are making the same move, although not quality as far in, Carmarthenshire although have had a few houses fall through in Pembrokeshire.

Really looking forward to the move, you get so much more for your money.

Big barn here as well

[Edited on 25/2/21 by mark chandler]

Simon - 25/2/21 at 01:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mark chandler
We are making the same move, although not quality as far in, Carmarthenshire although have had a few houses fall through in Pembrokeshire.

Really looking forward to the move, you get so much more for your money.

Big barn here as well

[Edited on 25/2/21 by mark chandler]

I was going to say "what, moving again?" but it's actually been a while since you left E Sussex!

Hope all goes well