Board logo

Hayfeaver in Febuary?!
TimC - 26/2/07 at 10:28 AM

Further proof that the world has gone mad - I have hayfeaver!

Great. Anyone else?

macnab - 26/2/07 at 10:43 AM

I use to get hayfever every day all year round, though in reality it was cats and dogs...

Peteff - 26/2/07 at 11:02 AM

I just got the new Machine Mart catalogue in the post. As soon as I opened the plastic envelope I started sneezing and nose running, and I don't get hay fever. There's something funny about the shiny paper.

macnab - 26/2/07 at 11:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
I just got the new Machine Mart catalogue in the post. As soon as I opened the plastic envelope I started sneezing and nose running, and I don't get hay fever. There's something funny about the shiny paper.

its a terrorist attack!!!

a sneeze bomb!!

[Edited on 26/2/07 by macnab]

David Jenkins - 26/2/07 at 11:33 AM

I had a "good news - bad news" event at my doctors a few years ago: I'd said that my hayfever is getting less of a bother as the years go by, to which he replied "yes, it does that - you'll find that you get 'perennial rhinitus' instead" - in other words, all-year-round hayfever. Oh joy.

macnab - 26/2/07 at 11:52 AM

I use to take inhalers, tablets and all sorts of rubbish. Had umpteen blood test, god I hated those. None of it did any good at all and I tell you having 'hayfever' 24/7 all year round in no fun at all. Like I said I'm allergic to dog & cats so it might seem strange that I have one! What am I crazy??? Don’t answer that...

Well it turns out that if your exposed all the time to what your allergic to you become totally desensitized to it. So since I've had a mutt my hayfever is now non-existent. But! If I'm away for a week or so and come back, oh boy I'm dead! Takes ages till I recover again.

mookaloid - 26/2/07 at 11:59 AM

As a fellow sufferer I can fully sympathasise.

Avoneer - 26/2/07 at 12:02 PM

I never had hayfever before moving from Manchester to Yorkshire.

Get it every year now and it gets worse every year.

Pat...

trogdor - 26/2/07 at 01:10 PM

i used to think i was allergic to maths, when i was high school i always had a runny nose and eyes when i had it!

i think it was the fact that it was always in the morning first thing and in a dusty room, that always seems to set me off, other than that i am ok!

macnab - 26/2/07 at 01:46 PM

I'm alergic to maths, come over all whoozy and feel like going to sleep...