Board logo

M20 Washers
slimtater - 18/10/08 at 07:26 PM

Any idea where I can get some on a Sunday? Tried local screwfix and B&Q.
In Derbyshire.

tomgregory2000 - 18/10/08 at 07:31 PM

man thats big! what u using them for?
sorry no help

tommy

slimtater - 18/10/08 at 07:41 PM

Need a couple at the top of my steering column to space the boss - hole needs to be big enough for the shaft.

madrallysport - 18/10/08 at 07:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by slimtater
In Derbyshire.

I have some, stainless steel ones, but it would be monday before i could post them over to ya

[Edited on 18/10/08 by madrallysport]

slimtater - 18/10/08 at 07:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by madrallysport
quote:
Originally posted by slimtater
In Derbyshire.

I have some, stainless steel ones, but it would be monday before i could post them over to ya

[Edited on 18/10/08 by madrallysport]

Thanks for the offer - I had some posted to me but they didn't arrive this morning. Didn't really want to miss another fine day for driving!

the_fbi - 18/10/08 at 09:05 PM

Screwfix should have them.
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/62080/Bolts/Washers/Heavy-Washers-BZP-M20-Pack-of-100

Suprised how cheap they are too.

iirc a lot of sump plugs are M20, may be worth a trip to a spares counter, if you can find one open on Sunday, to see if they have anything suitable. Although clearly a soft copper one isn't much use.

How about a hub nut washer? I'm sure my Calibra's front hub washer isn't far off 20mm. The nut is 28/30/32mm so the stub can't be far off 20mm.

slimtater - 18/10/08 at 10:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by the_fbi
Screwfix should have them.
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/62080/Bolts/Washers/Heavy-Washers-BZP-M20-Pack-of-100

Suprised how cheap they are too.

iirc a lot of sump plugs are M20, may be worth a trip to a spares counter, if you can find one open on Sunday, to see if they have anything suitable. Although clearly a soft copper one isn't much use.

How about a hub nut washer? I'm sure my Calibra's front hub washer isn't far off 20mm. The nut is 28/30/32mm so the stub can't be far off 20mm.

No longer listed in their catalogue - it does say on the web that they are "stock clearance".
Did think about a sump washer but the ones in the local motor factor didn't look up to the job (copper etc).

[Edited on 18/10/08 by slimtater]