Board logo

Bending Exhaust Pipes
Stantman - 13/1/09 at 08:29 AM

Need to put a minor 5 degree bend in link pipe between manifold and silencer.

I hae purchased a 1m pipe flared for the connection just need the bend put in (The shallowest pre made link from Merlin is to tight an angle.)

Any one know an engineering works in Bristol area that could do this for me? Preferably on a beer money basis.

Cheers

smart51 - 13/1/09 at 09:26 AM

Why not keep it straignt? I have. Sure, the silencer is further away from the bodywork at the back end than the front but it isn't a problem. Stright pipes flow gas better anyway.

MikeCapon - 13/1/09 at 10:31 AM

Do it yourself?

Sand bending linky

Stantman - 13/1/09 at 10:58 AM

Cheers on teh sand bending technique, may give it a go.

Straight pipe is not an option as on my car (westy Wide body) the angle is to get around the bonet to main body change. If left straight the silencer would be way out from the side of the car.

Cheers

Dangle_kt - 13/1/09 at 01:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stantman
Cheers on teh sand bending technique, may give it a go.

Straight pipe is not an option as on my car (westy Wide body) the angle is to get around the bonet to main body change. If left straight the silencer would be way out from the side of the car.

Cheers

It would look like mine then! The rolled end can is actually further out than the rear arch/wheel - which gets me worried I might smack it on something, not sure if it will cause any issues with SVA though...

David Jenkins - 13/1/09 at 01:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt
It would look like mine then! The rolled end can is actually further out than the rear arch/wheel - which gets me worried I might smack it on something, not sure if it will cause any issues with SVA though...

They will count it as the widest point on that side of the car, and take all their measurements for lights etc. from that point.

You may not want this to happen...

liam.mccaffrey - 13/1/09 at 09:30 PM

u2u sent