Board logo

lexus v8 questions
NS Dev - 12/5/09 at 08:59 PM

anybody know much about using the lexus v8 and its auto box outside of the donor ls400??

Is the box ecu linked to the engine one (I assume so) and more importantly, are the engine and box looms fairly straightforward to seperate from the rest of the car loom, and can they be run independently without lots of work.

We're looking at various options for v8's to put in the vauxhall victor and the lexus looks a good option!

gottabedone - 12/5/09 at 09:12 PM

Might be worth having a look on the Locost USA site as know that the Lexus V8 is used in some Locost's over the pond

regards

Steve

chris_harris_ - 12/5/09 at 09:16 PM

I met a chap at the birmingham sva centre about three weeks ago that had used one in a cobra replica. he didn't elaborate too much except to say that it was a doddle to get running. Six wires i think he said. I know thats not much help, but does sound promising!

Badger_McLetcher - 13/5/09 at 12:27 AM

I'm not sure myself, never considered trying to use the autobox. The best place to ask would probably be the Lextreme Forums, they're a real wealth of information over there.

James - 13/5/09 at 10:02 AM

Who's the (Dutch IIRC) guy on here with the on-going thread about his DIY twin-supercharged Lexus v8?

Sure he could tell you plenty about it.

Cheers,
James

thomas4age - 13/5/09 at 03:31 PM

that's me i think

here's the thread http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=69255&page=&contribmessage=none

and to awnser the question,
very easy when used with the stock auto box, a little harder with a stick shifter.

the guys on lextreme can tell you all about it. I never gave it much attention because I'm going to run Omex anyway.

they say if you can wire up a 4age, the 1uzfe isn't any harder (4ag is ded simple)

grtz Thomas

thomas4age - 13/5/09 at 03:46 PM

found something usefull on the harddrive.

heres part one of the Lexus 1uzfe LS400 engine wiring diagram.

it's the 1990 model, but they stayed the same till the VVti version of this engine came out if i'm not mistaking.

[Edited on 13/5/09 by thomas4age]

[Edited on 13/5/09 by thomas4age]

thomas4age - 13/5/09 at 03:47 PM

heres part 2

the only thing you apparently need to bypass is the neutral switch in the auto gearbox for starting the engine.

grtz Thomas