Board logo

Bike Carbs Fuel Pressure
Barksavon - 7/9/10 at 07:54 PM

Ive fitted a set of Suzuki GSXR 600 carbs to my 2.0 Pinto, any one tell me what the best fuel pressure is to run them at???
Thanks

austin man - 7/9/10 at 07:59 PM

best to use the bike pump it will be the correct pressure.

mcerd1 - 7/9/10 at 07:59 PM

don't know sorry

but most folk seem to get the best results using the fuel pump off the bike (or a similar one) as I think most of them self-regulate

David Jenkins - 7/9/10 at 09:50 PM

Very low pressure (1.5 or 2.0 psi) but very high volume - as above - use a bike pump.

Dingz - 7/9/10 at 11:12 PM

Why high flow? they use less fuel than webbers! I run my bike carbs on standard pinto pump and filter king at lowest setting, (with screw just about to fall out)

mcerd1 - 7/9/10 at 11:23 PM

but the bike pump is easier and cheaper

and some of them (like the ZX9R) are external pumps on nice little mounting braket with the filter

[Edited on 7/9/2010 by mcerd1]

Dingz - 7/9/10 at 11:35 PM

quote:

but the bike pump is easier and cheaper

Not if you already have a mechanical pump and regulator fitted

David Jenkins - 8/9/10 at 07:43 AM

I started with a Facet pump and a Filter King regulator - I could never get a consistent supply at that very low pressure.

The engine was much improved after fitting a bike fuel pump.

jamiepearson69 - 8/9/10 at 10:33 AM

I would go with a Bike pump from the same bike which the Carbs came off. They are cheaper than a Facet pump and regulator and you will get the right fueling pressure from the outset.

Make sure that you mount the bike pump as close to the tank as possible as they push rather than pull. Its also important to get them on rubbers as they don't like constant vibrations.