Board logo

HELP,Running a 1.6 pinto need a new carb
AndyMKindy - 25/12/12 at 10:25 AM

Currently running a 1. 6 pinto, the carb on it witch is broken is the standard 2v weber vacum carb, I need a new carb to run on my pinto, i dont want bike carbs ! , i know the benafits they give but i jsut want a new replaacement carb.

I have been told about twin webers, but the one i bought on ebay is a counter clock wise roatation when i need a clock wise roataion any suggestions or has any one had the same problems.

also the carb i bought doesnt fit onto the existing manifold ?

and i think its a 2.0 one not a 1.6 but i have been told that the over fueling issue wont be a problem.

hope you guys can help.

MsD - 25/12/12 at 12:31 PM

I have the same engine and didn't like the auto choke and in my eyes overly complicated carb/vacuum set up.
I went onto eBay and bought a 2 twin 40 dellortos already attached to an inlet manifold. I believe they are for a two litre but my car runs and drives ok with them but they will need setting up properly before iva.

You will need a proper manifold to run 40's as they are sidedraught whearas the standard carb is Downdraught.

Hope this helps, Mark.

[Edited on 25/12/12 by MsD]

caber - 25/12/12 at 02:57 PM

I have a standard pinto 1600 carb yours for £15 plus postage. please send u2u if interested

Caber

rash12 - 25/12/12 at 06:40 PM

i have a single 45 weber and manifold off a 2.0 pinto if your interested ?

[Edited on 25/12/12 by rash12]