Board logo

Propshaft repairs West Yorkshire
F1SJL - 5/12/13 at 10:13 AM

So you guys have advised me against the doughnut coupling so where can I get a UJ conversion done in west yorks or close by.

Also how much roughly are we talking for this so I don't get ripped off

Cheers all

Steve

Brook_lands - 5/12/13 at 10:24 AM

I've had good experiences with Dunning and Fairbank Cross Green Rise, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS9 0SD in the past for prop repairs but I am aware that others have not faired so well.

F1SJL - 5/12/13 at 10:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Brook_lands
I've had good experiences with Dunning and Fairbank Cross Green Rise, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS9 0SD in the past for prop repairs but I am aware that others have not faired so well.

Yeah I've heard of these guys. What did you have done?

SteveWallace - 5/12/13 at 10:35 AM

D&F made my propshaft and an adaptor for me to connect it to my BMW gearbox to replace the rubber donut. They had adaptors in stock, but not sure how much they charge for them on there own. They gave me a good service and their overall price was competitive with others that I looked at.

Trollyjack - 5/12/13 at 10:41 AM

+1 for dunning & Fairbank

I had a new propshaft made there for my locost great service
Used my old end that went into gearbox(they fitted new Bearings to it) + they suppled a new diff end made to exact length required
Cost me just over £100 after VAT

Link

ashg - 5/12/13 at 11:03 AM

i have used dunning and fairbank they are a good company in my book.

owelly - 5/12/13 at 11:26 AM

Another +1 for DandF. They made me a prop for my kit and reconditioned the prop on my Transit. Mention 'cash' and 'Christmas Party Fund' when you come to pay.....

Brook_lands - 5/12/13 at 11:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by F1SJL
quote:
Originally posted by Brook_lands

Yeah I've heard of these guys. What did you have done?

I've had a few UJs repaired/ replaced by them - always been done on time and at a good price.

smac - 5/12/13 at 12:22 PM

I had a prop made by a chap in Bradford. I was very happy with the price & service. Will try find the name.

Simon

johnemms - 5/12/13 at 12:34 PM

A few old prices here ... Linky

F1SJL - 5/12/13 at 03:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by johnemms
A few old prices here ... Linky

Thanks for the info chaps

I'm going to see them tomorrow!

F1SJL - 6/12/13 at 05:45 PM

Well I dropped the prop off at D&F this morning for the UJ conversion,

They seem really good guys: