Board logo

Pipercross PX600 Airbox - anybody got one?
davidimurray - 23/12/14 at 10:16 AM

Just been looking at possible options for my airbox. While looking at the PX600 I notice it has an integral air filter.

For those of you with a PX600, how does it fit in the airbox and what diameter is the OD of it? I believe it looks like this -

jeffw - 23/12/14 at 10:46 AM

They are very poorly made and prone to cracking.....and very expensive !

bigfoot4616 - 23/12/14 at 11:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jeffw

have to agree with that. mine lasted less than 18 months before i had to repair it with fiberglass due to it splitting.

davidimurray - 23/12/14 at 11:57 AM

To be honest I wasn't planning on using the airbox ..... just the filter. I found the replacement filters available for £23 so was thinking of making my own airbox and then inserting one of these at the inlet to it.

Was wondering how the pipercross was setup so I could copy it!

Cheers

Dave

Andybarbet - 23/12/14 at 12:24 PM

I could probably upload some photos of my pipercross airbox if it helps ?

I got it for £26 posted ! It was listed wrong on ebay :-)

It doesn't have the cone filter though, I presume it is just an interference fit in the air box inlet, mine is 4" diameter inlet hole.

I would be interested in where to get the filter if you have the details, pipercross quoted me nearly £40 for the cone filter on its own !

FASTdan - 23/12/14 at 12:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jeffw

Whereabouts on the moulding were they cracking? They recently made a change to the design, this might be due to the failure you mention.....

bigfoot4616 - 23/12/14 at 02:11 PM

i think mine went down one side near the base and also around the end where the filter fitted.

bigfoot4616 - 23/12/14 at 02:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Andybarbet

It doesn't have the cone filter though, I presume it is just an interference fit in the air box inlet, mine is 4" diameter inlet hole.

I would be interested in where to get the filter if you have the details, pipercross quoted me nearly £40 for the cone filter on its own !

i think i have the filter from mine somewhere, will have a look if you're interested.

jeffw - 23/12/14 at 02:20 PM

The plastic was very brittle and pretty much let go at every joint.

jeffw - 23/12/14 at 02:21 PM

I would just put a big K&N or something on the end of your airbox...either as a remote canister or straight on.

davidimurray - 23/12/14 at 05:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Andybarbet

I found them here

http://www.thepipercrossshop.co.uk/replacement-integral-filter-for-px600-air-box-c6000_p23375847.htm

Andybarbet - 23/12/14 at 05:53 PM

Big foot, you have U2u.

I didn't look on the pipercross website ! They quoted me a lot more over the phone.