Board logo

Pulsar plenum on a supercharged zetec
blobster7 - 17/11/15 at 01:28 PM

Planning to supercharge my 2.0 litre zetec (rotrex c30 94). Already obtained a Pulsar plenum and require the spacer and backing plate used when using individual throttle bodies, Can anyone point me in the right direction for either a supplier of such items or CAD drawings required for machining?

Also want to machine a mild steel mounting bracket for the supercharger unit / pulleys etc. Aware tts do a bracket but trying to keep costs lower hence machining my own. Once again any info on such CAD drawings would be great or a supplier of a basic bracket.

Thanks Jim

lmillin123 - 17/11/15 at 01:31 PM

I believe Flak Monkey would know a thing or 2 on the subject.

Sam_68 - 17/11/15 at 02:03 PM

I can recommend Alitech Precision Engineering (Darren Cudd); ex-TTS, and still does their CAD design work for them, I believe.

http://www.alitechprecision.co.uk/

coozer - 17/11/15 at 02:11 PM

I too would like to investigate the pulsar inlet for my turbo zetec.

Looking on the jenvey Webby they have drawings of the port spacings and the pulsar looks to be very close to the zetec, so what Jim thinking is one married to a jenvy inlet, the one with injector bosses cast in.

jeffw - 17/11/15 at 03:53 PM

Flack monkey did my backing plate

Darren at Alitech designed the TTS kit, not sure if he where be prepared to do anything for you though. Probable best to speak to TTS direct in the first instance.

[Edited on 17/11/15 by jeffw]

MattD - 17/11/15 at 04:18 PM

Or, as inspired by Jeff's solution...., here's a Pulsar top & custom spacer mated to my Lancia Integrale inlet... in my turbo Stylus.

For which I have the CAD profiles, if anyone wants to PM for it. All waterjet cut & welded by a guy in Southampton.

[Edited on 17/11/15 by MattD]

Sam_68 - 17/11/15 at 05:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
Probable best to speak to TTS direct in the first instance.

I wouldn't - personally, I'd go direct to Darren.

Tho if Flak Monkey and Matt have working solutions, why reinvent the wheel?

FWIIW, we were going to use a Burton Cosworth YB Plenum with a backplate (we needed a 'non-scrapyard' solution) on a Duratec S/C installation, but after doing the sums it's proved more sensible to simply go for a bespoke designed and CNC machined plenum instead: the cost isn't anything like as scary as you might expect, though it's admittedly not in the 'Locost' bracket and ethos, either.

Mave - 17/11/15 at 06:19 PM

I have a Pulsar plenum I no longer have a use for. If anyone is interested, let me know before I put it on Ebay.

lmillin123 - 20/11/15 at 05:11 PM

Interested to know the outcome of this.