Board logo

Type 3 Xflow transmission popping out of gear
trialsman - 7/4/16 at 09:24 PM

Just put my 1600cc xflow motor and tranny back in my car and went for a test drive. All is ok except the tranny is acting up. Popping out of 2nd and 4th. Really strange. Pops out once and then I put it back in gear and all is fine until I go through the gears again. It never did that before. It only pops out when I am cruising. Never on acceleration or de-acceleration. I can blip the throttle causing the car to lurch and it stays in gear. Any ideas??? Russ

Bluemoon - 8/4/16 at 07:21 AM

Similar issue on my type 9 turned of to be the gear-stick plastic saddle, simple to check/fix if it is.

Dan

trialsman - 11/4/16 at 04:11 PM

Wow, I can’t believe my tranny works now. I took the shift gator off today to see why it was popping out of second and forth. Looked at the vinyl covered 6mm plywood top of the tunnel and there are two small impressions right where the shifter would be when it is in those gears. It seems when I added the 1.5mm thick sound/heat mat in raised the plywood just enough to keep the shifter from fully engaging. A little scroll saw work and she stays in gear. Yippie!!!! Now I can drive again. Russ