Board logo

Citroen C4 engine fault
LBMEFM - 28/3/17 at 02:23 PM

Just back from a short journey in my wifes C4 Citroen when the engine fault light came on. It displays the fault on the cars read out as "antipollution fault" the engine runs rough and lacks power. Any ideas on what's happened please and how to fix it?
Thanks Barry

mcerd1 - 28/3/17 at 02:33 PM

What engine has it got ?

LBMEFM - 28/3/17 at 02:43 PM

1600 petrol

nick205 - 28/3/17 at 03:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by LBMEFM
1600 petrol

And there was me expecting you to say diesel - in which case I'd say the diesel particulate filter and give it a good pasting to clear it.

ian locostzx9rc2 - 28/3/17 at 03:43 PM

It's got a misfire more than likely could be a lot of things coil pack ,spark plugs injectors wiring ecu and lots more you need to get looked at as it will damage the cat .

wylliezx9r - 28/3/17 at 04:39 PM

My money's on it being an EGR related fault.

obfripper - 28/3/17 at 05:04 PM

Is it an ep6 engine?
If so, check the oil cap and dipstick are seated correctly, they run like a pig if the crankcase system can suck in air, and it may also make the cooling fans run continually.

Dave

r1_pete - 28/3/17 at 05:29 PM

Daughters did similar a few years ago, it was a stuck vtr valve, another symptom was when starting it sounded as though there was no compression.

We cleaned it and got it running well enough to trade in against a Fiesta.

adithorp - 28/3/17 at 08:04 PM

Could be any one of hundreds of faults. You need a code read and work from there.... However from experience of how people describe faults and balance of probability I'd pick coil pack.... But I wouldn't bet money on it.

LBMEFM - 28/3/17 at 08:52 PM

Thanks for the replies, I'll have a look at it in the morning and let you no how I got on.

coozer - 29/3/17 at 07:50 PM

A code reader should take some of the guests work out. Failing that drive away from home and call the AA man out, he will tell ya... presuming you have break down cover...