Board logo

Oring sizes for Fireblade carbs
watsonpj - 14/7/17 at 08:57 AM

Hi
anyone know the sizes of the orings that go on the fireblade carbs (cbr900RRV) on the t pieces (Vac t-piece and fuel t-piece). I got 4 carb rebuild kits but didn't realise these aren't in them. Searched the web but can't find the sizes. I meant to bring the tpiece to work to see if we had them but forgot them this morning and I really want to get them sorted for a rebuild at the weekend.

Thanks Pete

jossey - 14/7/17 at 08:00 PM

My 893 carbs had the same size as the gxsr carbs I took mine to a bike shop and he found some.

Not that helpful

watsonpj - 14/7/17 at 10:15 PM

Thanks had a look tonight and it seems to be
4 x 8mm x 2mm
4 x 8mm x 1.5mm
2 x 15mm x 1.2mm
But Ill go see the bike shop tomorrow

matthew2456 - 15/7/17 at 08:18 AM

Just done this exact same Job, the carb rebuild kits didnt include any of the ones between the carbs and mine from wemoto also had the wrong size O Ring for the mixture screw.

Disagree slightly with your measurements, I did mine with a vernier and the replacements are perfect.

Sealforce on ebay were amazing, I ordered the following to compliment the carb rebuild kit, all went back together perfectly.

All Nitrile o rings:
PACK SIZE: 5 SIZE: 15MM ID X 1MM C/S
PACK SIZE: 5 SIZE: 8MM ID x 1.25MM C.S
PACK SIZE: 5 SIZE: 8MM ID X 2MM C/S
PACK SIZE: 10 SIZE: 3MM ID X 1MM C/S (Carb mixture screw so check your kit is correct in case you need to order aswell)

watsonpj - 15/7/17 at 12:04 PM

Thanks ordered no one local has any