Oil Cooler Dallara 1
[/img]

[img] Oil Cooler Dallara 2
Oil Cooler Dallara 2
[/img]

[img] Oil Cooler Dallara 3
Oil Cooler Dallara 3
[/img]

You'll see the 3rd pic tells us it's a Dallara part, it came to me along with a load of Lola bits & Dallara Bodywork from Michael Andretti's car so is almost certainly from a Dallara Indycar. Now my race engineering dates back to the days when we used to race dinosaurs against each other! So I've never come across fittings like these before, I'm guessing they have some form of quick release snap on type connector - can anyone enlighten me? They are 32mm dia at the very end, 33mm across the rubber seal & 29mm inboard of that - a standard fitting of some sort?

Next, would this fit anything else, or is it going to be specific to a Dallara ovals car?

Finally, what's it worth? Obviously I can stick it on Ebay or Race Cars Direct, but I have no idea what to put it up for, it's really well made & has roughly double the size of a normal 19 row cooler (tho' it has only 13 rows, so I'm guessing has a higher flow rate?) & is thicker core so would give some serious cooling, must have cost a fortune when purchased, but is it going to be only of use to a very specific market?

I also have a very nice quality standard 19 row oil cooler from the same car - see pics below - is it of interest to anyone on here b4 I stick it on Ebay - it has about £40 of hoses & unions attached! I'd sell for £50 + P & P to anyone on here

[img] Oil Cooler 19 row 1
Oil Cooler 19 row 1
[/img]

[img] Oil Cooler 19 row 2
Oil Cooler 19 row 2
[/img]

Doctor Derek Doctors - 13/6/18 at 11:54 AM

It's hard to see the picture clearly on my phone but it looks like Wiggins Clamp mating which is pretty standard motorsport stuff for fluid connections.

jeffw - 13/6/18 at 01:25 PM

Transmission cooler? The other cooler looks to have the standard AN fittings I would expect.

[Edited on 13/6/18 by jeffw]

russbost - 14/6/18 at 09:48 AM

Yes, I would think transmission cooler is a likely possibility.

The second one does indeed have bog standard AN10 fittings

russbost - 14/6/18 at 09:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Derek Doctors
It's hard to see the picture clearly on my phone but it looks like Wiggins Clamp mating which is pretty standard motorsport stuff for fluid connections.

Better close up pic here, does that help to confirm?

[img] Oil cooler connection
Oil cooler connection
[/img]

Doctor Derek Doctors - 14/6/18 at 03:45 PM

Looks like a wiggins clamp to me.

russbost - 14/6/18 at 04:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Derek Doctors
Looks like a wiggins clamp to me.

So presumably would be of value to anyone wanting a cooler of that size for racing - any idea of value, I'm thinking maybe around £150ish - any suggestions?