Board logo

DAN ST ENGINEERING , SHIPLEY.
anthony1 - 10/10/19 at 09:14 AM

After a few years of deliberation I finally decided to add some bike throttle bodies to the 2.0 litre zetec engine in my MK Indy. Bought the whole kit including the ME 221 system from Dan at ST Engineering in Shipley. Took the car down to Shipley yesterday , 9th October. He did a brilliant job on the mapping and getting the whole package working as it should. I enjoyed a great drive back through the north Pennines, to Northumberland....didn't get too wet considering. If your looking for bike throttle bodies , inlet manifolds , rolling road tuning or other related things. Can't recommend them highly enough.

DavidW - 10/10/19 at 09:54 AM

I've always had good service from Dan. What power did you make out of interest?

David

anthony1 - 10/10/19 at 10:06 AM

Engine made 163 BHP, standard 'crate' engine with 4 into 1 exhaust and throttle bodies. very happy with that and great driveability throughout......

DavidW - 10/10/19 at 10:50 AM

Thanks, good to know. I got exactly the same with the same setup.

anthony1 - 10/10/19 at 11:22 AM

Nice to see consistent results......we could go down the route of changing cams etc. etc. but the line needs to be drawn somewhere......possibly??!!

bikecarbfred - 10/10/19 at 07:51 PM

i've always gone with bogg brothers in north of york, pretty much do same thing.

dunk3 - 10/10/19 at 11:28 PM

Hi Anthony, glad to see you are still enjoying the Mk indy , have you got any recent pics .
I have just got my MNR on the road this month, bit different with a bike engine compared to the Zetec lol

anthony1 - 11/10/19 at 09:23 AM

Hello Duncan , yes I saw you had the MNR nearly sorted.......I finally bit the bullet with the throttle bodies. The soundtrack is very addictive !!! Great job at ST Engineering on the mapping. We should try and meet up sometime.....Interesting to compare bike engine against car engine ??

dunk3 - 11/10/19 at 09:56 AM

Great to see you still modifying, it never ends lol. Yeah will deffo have sort a ride out together .