Board logo

Tps help
Shooter63 - 2/11/19 at 08:59 AM

As you guys are the font of all knowledge, I thought I would ask on here, I'm in the early stages of doing a Bmw k1100 16v head conversion on a classic mini engine, the throttle bodies have the tps bolted on the end as per normal but the one fitted as std is known not to be that good to work with. The problem is that instead of the D shape it has a flat bar to turn the tps, so the question is, do you guys know of any other tps that use a flat bar to turn it.

Cheers

Shooter

CosKev3 - 2/11/19 at 10:08 AM

Ford do,not sure which models exactly but deffo the V6 mondeos.

Yamaha do too if you require a small one,the early R1s I've had did atleast.

Some of the flat bars are slightly diff sizes though,so you might need to file it down slightly to make one fit.

40inches - 2/11/19 at 12:06 PM

As Kev says the Ford V6 uses a flat connection, but they used 2 types, one clockwise and one anticlockwise.

perksy - 2/11/19 at 05:04 PM

*If* you do need to file the tab down to get it to fit make sure it's a really good fit with no 'slop' or you'll have issues

CosKev3 - 2/11/19 at 05:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by perksy
*If* you do need to file the tab down to get it to fit make sure it's a really good fit with no 'slop' or you'll have issues

It's the width of the tab,not the thickness going by the one I've modified that's different.
So filing it down cant alter how it works.

big_wasa - 2/11/19 at 08:03 PM

The Tps is spring loaded so there should be no slop.

r1_pete - 3/11/19 at 11:06 AM

The Rover 200 / 400 series use a slotted tps, you’ll find a throttle body complete with tps for a tenner, I bought several whilst building the twin body inlet on the rv8.

Shooter63 - 3/11/19 at 02:15 PM

Thanks for all the ideas and tips, much appreciated

Shooter