Board logo

fuel pump
viceface - 13/5/20 at 10:43 AM

Good morning all,

Has anyboby used the standard fiesta st180 fuel pump/sender unit in there tank?

Is it as simple as modifying the tank to accept the unit and then filter and fuel line to injector rail.
Does the pump put out +3bar of pressure or is it a low pressure pump to a secodary high pressure pump?

thanks.

Jervo - 23/5/20 at 01:34 PM

I’ve been changing my Locost from Pinto to Duratec.
I’ve fitted a Mondeo fuel pump to the tank by turning a plate that I welded into the bottom of the tank and a flange that is welded into the top, so it’s a fairly similar installation tho the road car.
The pressure regulator is in the return line.
So pump discharge goes up to a T adjacent to the fuel rail and returns to the swirl pot in the tank.
Pressure should be 4.5 bar I think. There will be some effect of pressure loss in the pipe work. Ie as the engine consumes fuel flow the flow in the return will drop which will lower the pressure at the regulator. But that appears to be how the road car is.
The ECU should compensate with duty cycle on the injectors from the calibration and lambda anyway.

The only issue I have at present is finding the mating connector for the harness. Anyone know the part no?

Jervo - 23/5/20 at 09:45 PM

Pictures of the fuel pump swirl pot parts:

Jervo - 24/5/20 at 11:25 AM

Sorry! I can’t get the pictures to appear in the post, but please take a look at my photo archive for various pictures of the swirlpot installation.