Board logo

pinto throttle body conversion
macspeedy - 29/5/07 at 12:26 PM

i have decided to look at changing to throttle bodies to improve performance and fuel consumption, i am not sure which bike throttle bodies are best to use, i have a flowed head standard valves balanced bottom end and fast road cam. also how much would a set of 45's in good condition be worth?

thanks in advance
Mac

[Edited on 29/5/07 by macspeedy]

flak monkey - 29/5/07 at 12:34 PM

A good matched pair of 45's will fetch around £300 on ebay.

se7ensport - 29/5/07 at 02:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by macspeedy
i have decided to look at changing to throttle bodies to improve performance and fuel consumption...

Do you have somone in mind to make the manifold? I'm looking for somone to fabricate a pinto to GSXR one without much success.

Alex

se7ensport - 29/5/07 at 03:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CaLviNx
Hi

I'm making manifolds for a few people to almost any specs.

You have U2U.

Cheers

Alex

caber - 29/5/07 at 05:29 PM

Another u2u on its way!

Caber

flak monkey - 29/5/07 at 05:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by macspeedy
i have decided to look at changing to throttle bodies to improve performance and fuel consumption, i am not sure which bike throttle bodies are best to use, i have a flowed head standard valves balanced bottom end and fast road cam.

So you want TBs and not carbs then? Of course with TBs you will need the injection system and megasquirt to control it. If not you want carbs, then GSXR or R1 carbs are good apparently.

You probably want to be looking for a set of 38 or 40mm throttle bodies. Not sure what bikes to look at though to be perfectly honest.

David