Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MEV R2
jlparsons

posted on 15/3/08 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
MEV R2

Anyone seen this in the flesh or driven it? Nothing on MEV's new site about it yet, think it's under construction. Anyone hear of BEC version?

--> LINK <--

For anyone who's noticed how much I'm posting today - yes I'm in work and yes it's very quiet!

[Edited on 15/3/08 by jlparsons]

Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Subject to approval, terms and conditions apply. Apply only to affected area. For recreational use only. All models over 18 years of age. No user-serviceable parts inside. Subject to change. As seen on TV. One size fits all. May contain nuts. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly.

nitram38

posted on 15/3/08 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
March Kitcar Mag did a wind tunnel article on this car.
Kind of reminds me of a modern Brooke ME because of the double bulge on the engine cover.

jlparsons

posted on 15/3/08 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
I like the look of it but can't see any rollover protection in the pictures I've seen, even with the engine cover off. I'd want something, even if it's only cobra hoops, but I'm not sure where you'd put them without messing up the look. Perhaps you could put hoops inside the double bulges but would they be high enough to save you?

Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Subject to approval, terms and conditions apply. Apply only to affected area. For recreational use only. All models over 18 years of age. No user-serviceable parts inside. Subject to change. As seen on TV. One size fits all. May contain nuts. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly.

twybrow

posted on 15/3/08 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
There are roll hoops in the 2nd pic.

nitram38

posted on 15/3/08 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by twybrow
There are roll hoops in the 2nd pic.

Different make of car!

chrisg

posted on 15/3/08 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
The 2nd picture is the Rocket though - not the R2

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

nitram38

posted on 15/3/08 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
The second picture is the Brooke ME !
The rocket is a tandem two seater not a side by side.

stig mills

posted on 23/4/08 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, thanx for your interest. Will be taking a customers electric powered R2 to Stoneleigh. Roll bar is an option, fits to bulk head. Couple of pics now on www.mevltd.co.uk 4k for a comp kit. Room for a bike motor and diff/reverse/tensioner or a Ford V6
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.