Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: I got inspired today
Dangle_kt

posted on 16/4/08 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
I got inspired today

Been meaning to crack on with the fitting of my seats for ages, but today I went in the garage and locked myself in till one was done.

I sat in the car, scuttle in place, dash in place - kind of, on a solid mounted seat and WOW! It was ace, I sat there for about 10 mins and just wondered about what it would be like on track, doing pretend gear changes etc.

Reminded me of when steve (Worx) let me go in his car for a few mins - brought it all back and now I feel re-energised to crack on.

reason for posting this...well to be honest my heart hasn;t really been in doing anything to the car with the headaches I keep coming across, but today, for the first time in ages I remembered why I'm doing it. So if your part built is being neglected then I heartily recommend jumping in it, and dreaming for a few mins - its great!

BRUM BRUM!!

worX

posted on 16/4/08 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
bbrrrmmm bbbbrrrrrrRRRMMM!

ETA - you've just given me the inspiration to get my RS outside too now mate!!!

[Edited on 16/4/08 by worX]

Jubal

posted on 16/4/08 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
Everytime I get down about my car (which is a lot recently) I dig out some track day footage and play it. Reminds me just why I am going through the pain and hassle. For a bloke like me who didn't build the car and needs to learn on almost every job it takes some motivation at times to get going.

[Edited on 16/4/08 by Jubal]

orbital

posted on 16/4/08 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
I know that feeling. It's taken me over a year to get my seats in on my car (must be some kind of record! ) and Steve was the reason I got them in!

I have now taken my dash off, got all the wires labeled and I am now looking at a lovely carbon dash from Carbon mods plucking up the courage to put some dirty big holes in it! My sphincter tightens every time I think of it!

Cheers

Dave

Dangle_kt

posted on 16/4/08 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
Thats it exactly! I spend more time on here asking questions (or just being lazy, reading rather than doing) than I do in the garage by about 10-1 ratio.

Sad isn;t it!!

quote:
Originally posted by Jubal
Everytime I get down about my car (which is a lot recently) I dig out some track day footage and play it. Reminds me just why I am going through the pain and hassle. For a bloke like me who didn't build the car and needs to learn on almost every job it takes some motivation at times to get going.

[Edited on 16/4/08 by Jubal]

[Edited on 16/4/08 by Dangle_kt]

Hammerhead

posted on 16/4/08 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt
Thats it exactly! I spend more time on here asking questions (or just being lazy, reading rather than doing) than I do in the garage by about 10-1 ratio.

Sad isn;t it!!

I hear that! I guess there are a few on here like us who are taking ages and just things like getting the seats in are a major learning curve! I've got one in!

I probably spend more like 50-1 ratio in here compared to the garage. But my wife has just had our first baby, so I reckon i'd be in trouble if I sneak off to the garage.

Delinquent

posted on 16/4/08 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hammerhead
quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt

Sad isn;t it!!

I hear that! I guess there are a few on here like us who are taking ages and just things like getting the seats in are a major learning curve! I've got one in!

I probably spend more like 50-1 ratio in here compared to the garage. But my wife has just had our first baby, so I reckon i'd be in trouble if I sneak off to the garage.

Ditto, first kid has put the brakes on all plans yet again - but if you're getting really down about your project, think yourself lucky... I've been 3 years in the design stage waiting for the bloody workshop to be built, still haven't lifted a spanner on the actual project!!!

Feeling down is becoming a way of life, and I can only sit in mine in the virtual world of CAD

adithorp

posted on 16/4/08 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
Firing the engine up or getting it out in the sun and standing back for a good view always puts me back on track. If I drive it around the Aldi next doors car park it takes a while before I can get back to work though...and thats without sticking the back end out!

Some jobs feel like you've made a huge leap but it's the ones that take days and don't look like you've done anything that really test you. In some ways I enjoy getting them finished more because I know whats gone into it.

adrian

adrian

RK

posted on 17/4/08 at 12:55 AM Reply With Quote
I am happy you've found inspiration, no matter how it comes!!

[Edited on 17/4/08 by RK]

[Edited on 18/4/08 by RK]

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.