Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: problem with the tin top rear end!
tomblyth

posted on 29/9/08 at 12:31 AM Reply With Quote
problem with the tin top rear end!

I've a citroen xsara est (110hp) hdi and the rear beam axle is knackered, does anyone on here know of a firm who will refurb it? hopefully one up here in the north
cheers

locoboy

posted on 29/9/08 at 06:23 AM Reply With Quote
My mate had his pug 205 rear beam reconned here link

It was the best part of 350 quid including vat but it was totally stripped blasted and refurbed and painted again.

good service in my opinion.

ATB
Locoboy

Howlor

posted on 29/9/08 at 06:36 AM Reply With Quote
When you say it's knackered what is actually amiss with it?
tomblyth

posted on 29/9/08 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
the bearings have colapsed some time in the past ond the shaft /bearing housing have corroded to a state where new bearings woul be of no use! see photo

[Edited on 29/9/08 by tomblyth]
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=showphoto&am p;photo=DSC01282.JPG

jollygreengiant

posted on 29/9/08 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds like a trip to some scrap yards is in order.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

tomblyth

posted on 29/9/08 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
i phoned the guy locoboy recommended Coventry Transmissions and spoke to Nick found him easy to deal with on the phone they pick it up tomorrow does the work (weld /regrand fit new bearings and seals reasemble ) on Wednesday and returns it to me Thursday and the cost £250 for the work and parts, £25 each way for the transport and of course I.ll have to pay the vat total therefore £352.50 will let you all know what its like once i get it back!

tomblyth

posted on 4/10/08 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
I'm a bit disapointed with Citroen

got it back 2.10pm thursday fitted it that afternoon had the mot done ! and packed it for 220 mile trip to buttins MCN bike bash! (here now Bad Manner on tonight!) rear end now working realy well would recommend Coventry Transmission ! fast service and top workmanship! I'm a bit disapointed with Citroen when I contacted them to ask for assistance ( Sealed for life rear end! gone after less than 4 year?) there view is 'not our policy to help anyone unless the dealer found the fault ,then we'd think about it' !!!!!!!!! so if your going to buy a new citroen, sealed for life= 100,000,000 miles or the end of the street (whichever come first)
tomblyth

posted on 10/10/08 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
renewed ! axle is in and all is well, took car on mcn butlins trip and so far have covered 600 miles and rear end better than new! thank to coventry transmitions ! also Butlins was great already booked for April 2009

[Edited on 10/10/08 by tomblyth]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.