Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: kit car aesthetics
hicost blade

posted on 30/11/09 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
Girls like men with expensive looking cars because they see them as a provider.

The clue is in the name

Hello sweet cheeks want a ride in my Low cost? No that minimal bodywork and lack of windscreen is to make it faster!

Hello sweet cheeks want a ride in my Bentley? Yes that is nappa leather and it will wipe down!

Most people can spot a 7 as being a kit car, they are never going to be cool to young ladies.

My tip: The only way to make them like your car is buy another one. I have found that most (none car loving) girls are fooled by a nicely polished MK2 MR2

dhutch

posted on 30/11/09 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
"Its a kitcar"
"You know, like a caterham or a lotus seven"
"Oh yeah, there cool...."

Job done, locost need not be mentioned.

cd.thomson

posted on 30/11/09 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
lol you say that dhutch but I went into an exhaust place not too long ago and asked if they could do one for my car.

Its a Dax... you know like a westfield

*blank stares*

you know, based on the lotus 7

*blanker*

basically its a caterham!

"no idea what you're on about mate, is it like a cobra?"

Craig

morcus

posted on 30/11/09 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
Are you sure you were at a car place? that seems pretty bad, I wouldn't want work done on my car by anyone who didn't no what your car would look like based on the options you gave. Did you say, 'Yeah, Like a Cobra but with less body work in a different shape' or something to that effect.

Its not just women, loads of people know less than nothing about cars. I'd second the MR2 thing, If you want to use a car to pull a woman (I don't know why you would) thats your best bet for cheaps. That or a Beetle

hillbillyracer

posted on 30/11/09 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Apparently mine looks like Herbie, according to one of my girlfriend's mates. While stopped for a bite to eat on the way home with it a woman asked what it was & told me of the Ginetta she had when younger, she also wished me well with the build so she obviously knew the score!

Peteff

posted on 30/11/09 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andrew.carwithen
I've had several complimentary remarks from the fairer sex about my car.
Mind you, they've all been of a 'certain' age - i.e. post-menopausal!!!!

Yes but your cars an Avon and the Avon lady probably brings them all their favourite stuff

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Gazeddy

posted on 30/11/09 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
just explain it my way it may not be particularly pretty to you but youll learn to like the back end its all youll see most of the time. i keep getting the it looks like brum off the wife

[Edited on 30/11/09 by Gazeddy]

blakep82

posted on 30/11/09 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
custom car

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Gergely

posted on 1/12/09 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
In Hungary I have not even the slightest chance of someone knowing about the Lotus seven, so I just keep saying: "It's a race car..."

For me kitcars are more about function than form, hence many are not appealing to most people. If you asked around what the prettiest car in the world is, you would never get a race car as a response - unless the other party is a complete car nut...

That said, most own design (ie not replica) kitcars are way too ugly...
I like the look of the Murtaya coupe though...

Our build pictures

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ninehigh

posted on 4/12/09 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
"Fiesta? FIESTA!? Why the hell would I build a little tinbox with a name that sounds like it should be covered in chocolate and have a wafer centre?"

I'd just offer the naysayers a ride, stepdaughter complains I drive too slow so when she decided to come out with just me I floored it and she was screaming before I hit 30!

RK

posted on 4/12/09 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
They will be either into it or not, and do you really care? Of course not!

[Edited on 4/12/09 by RK]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.