<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Opinion Poll
Benzine

posted on 9/3/10 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
"I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs."

"I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking."

"Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy holding out both puppets!"

I will be drawing a giant dong on my vote paper with a dotted line emanating from the crown

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ninehigh

posted on 9/3/10 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
When your choices are a giant douche and a turd sandwich...

If you're happy to leave out the war on France (bit close for you southern softies, it'll ruin the buses!) then vote for me!

nick205

posted on 9/3/10 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
Struggling with this one - I really can't see that any of the electable parties (Lab/Con then in reality) are any different from each other.

In my eyes they send so much time rubbishing anything the other side says and then realising they're no better they none of them ever actually get any proper governing done - that could be a belssing in disguise right there though.

Any one for a LCB parliament?

Seriously, I think we have the makings of a workable government right here on this forum.

David Jenkins

posted on 9/3/10 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
Unfortunately the Tories haven't got anyone who can fight as dirty as Labour... Ken Clark is getting too old - but I'd love to have seen him as leader of the opposition! He'd have tied the Prime Mentalist in so many knots that no-one could have untangled him...

Mind you - I don't trust any of them as far as I could throw a house...

morcus

posted on 9/3/10 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
The whole system is flawed. You should be saying 'which party do I want to vote for' you should be saying, 'which candidate do I want to represent me in parlement.'

I know its easier said than done but thats how it should work. We could vote to ban political parties and have a no party state, theoretically it would be more democratic as it would give more power to MP's and thus their constituents (not that I'm a big Believer in democracy).

Intresting how the poles come out so far.

I said Conservative and I intend to Vote conservative, mostly because they have the best Candidate in our current MP Damien Green.

[Edited on 9/3/10 by morcus]

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

smart51

posted on 10/3/10 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks all for taking part. I have to say its a surprising result. 63% tory from a sample of 79 votes says you're all a bunch of angry righties - next stop BNP, especially those who want to burn foreigners as witches and declare war on France.

Me, I want a hung parliament. You only get a chance to slap them in the face once every 5 years - make it hurt! I think that Lab and Con would both do some questionable things given a majority. The Lib Dems talk some sense but are unlikely to form a majority government. Lets make them work together whilst they work out that we don't like any of them.

For those who think all politicians are the same just painted different colours, they do believe different things and a Lib Dem government would be different to a Conservative Government and they would both be different to Labour. Go out and vote, if only to unseat your sitting MP. Stir things up a bit.

Ninehigh

posted on 10/3/10 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smart51
Me, I want a hung parliament.

Didn't know we had that choice..

Hang 'em! Twice!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.