Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone bought an ex-police car?
jossey

posted on 2/6/10 at 08:03 AM Reply With Quote
I BOUGHT A EX POLICE CAR.

it was 7 or more years ago now. it was a omega 2.5 it had damage to the back doors.seats and dash had more holes than a maggot filled apple.

anywho.

i was brilliant.

they are services alot and looked after so well.

down side it drunk fuel till it got it untuned.

was funny to see though cos it killed most cars off the lights. and handed ok.

now the down sides.

bushes went all the time due to age and hammer it had had.

resale value for me was poo so i ended up giving it away.

the car needed a new dash which was not cheap or easy to find.

and insurance was bad cos it has had alot of mods to the engine etc.

i was warned to ensure the insurance knew it was ex police as they mod them and they may not pay out if you kill it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Nash

posted on 2/6/10 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
Be careful of the Armed Response T5's as they are "plated" and weigh a lot but with std brakes.

Durham had a near miss on a pursuit and had a big rowe with Volvo about it. My mate who was the driver involved had to go to Croft and try and prove it to Volvo ! Nice work if you can get it.

The brakes were not upgraded to cope with the extra weight and if used hard can fade.

They also take the limiter off.

........Neil

hughpinder

posted on 2/6/10 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
I learnt to drive in an ex police rover P6 3.5 from Cheshire police force in the 80s. It was allegedly unmodified but had a sticker 'serviced by TWR engineering' in the engine bay and gave 220 bhp at the back wheels! It had 169K on when I got it (for £50!) and 279K when my dad crashed it a few years later. It was mehanically good but tatty

Hugh

issunaz

posted on 3/6/10 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
I also had a couple of V6 3.0 Ltr ex-police Omega's.

One I ran for a couple of years on LPG, absolutely great 45 miles per gallon equivelant to petrol prices, 15 of the 205 horses had dissappeared by the time it got to 250k, but it held the road like "sh*t to a blanket"

The second one has been stripped and the V6 will be in my Robin Hood later this year.

Martin

l0rd

posted on 4/6/10 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
Don't know about Ex police cars but 2 years ago, i send an Ex police car engine to my brother in Greece after an accident he had and cracked the engine block.

The engine was out from a Skoda 1.8T that had the roof chopped off due to an accident.

That engine clocked at 96K miles was miles better than the original engine in my brother's car which was clocked at 64K miles.

Sounded a bit tappety but otherwise better than expected.

I knew that most of the time they tune the engines a bit obviously rechipped etc but i believe that the engine we got was not only chipped but thy had done something else to it as well.

BTW it was just the engine i send (block and head) with no anchiliaries whatsoever

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.