Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OT wtd remote control helicopter (damaged)
balidey

posted on 18/5/11 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
1 i cant be bothered,
2 its been to bloody windy,
3 its given me time to put my 7 back on the road
4 ive saved loads of money on r.c stuff
5 my garage now has a car in it,
there is 6-100 but im tired, so wont put the all here

Steve

But surely there must be a (much smaller) list of good points?
Admitedly I am looking at the very low budget end of the hobby and will probably never want to progress to bigger models.
Its one of those hobbies I always fancied having a go at. I used to race rc cars in the 80's when they were popular. Never really wanted to try planes, but helos really do interest me.

Dutch bears have terrible skin due to their clogged paws

BenB

posted on 18/5/11 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
Helicopters are the spawn of the devil Of course it could just be that I've tried flying helis and I'm shite at it

Give me a fast plane anyday. I can throttle back and mooch around just chilling and then give it the beans when I want an adrenaline kick. Helis need constant input- definately more of a challenge but too much of one for me...

And it's true that it has been blooming windy recently so it's all a bit hypothetical until some good flying weather turns up. I'll fly in any temperature (-10 up to 30s) but my flying stops when the wind gusts are much above the mid to high teens, it just stops being fun.

ashg

posted on 18/5/11 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
good luck with the honey bee. i had one for a giggle and they are a nightmare to fly even for an experienced pilot. way way too twitchy for a learner. Get a raptor or you will have a real hard time learning. been there done it got the t-shirt base ball cap shoes and jacket. the raptor is the way forward. if you are dead set on the honey bee the first thing you need to do is dump the gyro and put a decent one on it or you will never have a chance of achieving stable flight and being a learner you wont know if its you or the setup.

[Edited on 18/5/2011 by ashg]

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.