Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I Bought a VortX RT+
quadra

posted on 20/9/05 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldn't use the heavy duty clutch cover if I was you unless you intend on having one leg bigger than the other. My car runs 300bhp and 4x4 and had a AP paddle clutch and group N cover, which made the clutch very difficult to control. I changed to a standard clutch cover and an AP fast road plate, much more user friendly and no slip after 5000 miles.
Have fun but be careful especially if its damp.

Cheer Mike

G.Man

posted on 20/9/05 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info quadra, if the clutch ends up too heavy will go hydraulic I think (only 300 quid extra... lol)

I had to replace the clutch as the oldun was clapped so this package came in at a good price (compared to plate alone) and should give some leeway on the power if I go for the 400bhp option...

Dont know the target weight of the car yet, but will expect about 80kgs more than the demo car so around 520kgs I hope...

With 350 bhp that should be 673bhp/ton compared to the 390 odd of the demo car...

Will be lively, and definate dry weather only car.... tyres will be Toyo 888's or Kumho KU15's for road legal use...

BTW, that exhaust needs a repack, its last noise test hit 108Db... lol

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

G.Man

posted on 23/9/05 at 07:14 AM Reply With Quote
Well, engine is in the boot, off to MNR soon...

Be there about lunchtime all being well...

JoelP

posted on 23/9/05 at 07:39 AM Reply With Quote
is that how much it weighs?! 300kgs?! damn thats more than i thought it would be. (like, twice what i would've guessed)

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

G.Man

posted on 23/9/05 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chris mason
quote:
Originally posted by G.Man
Thanks for the info quadra, if the clutch ends up too heavy will go hydraulic I think (only 300 quid extra... lol)

I had to replace the clutch as the oldun was clapped so this package came in at a good price (compared to plate alone) and should give some leeway on the power if I go for the 400bhp option...

Dont know the target weight of the car yet, but will expect about 80kgs more than the demo car so around 520kgs I hope...

With 350 bhp that should be 673bhp/ton compared to the 390 odd of the demo car...

Will be lively, and definate dry weather only car.... tyres will be Toyo 888's or Kumho KU15's for road legal use...

BTW, that exhaust needs a repack, its last noise test hit 108Db... lol

i think that 520kgs is a bit optomistic when you compare it to the supposed 397kg of the blade engine rt+
take off the 77kg for the blade engine and that would give you 320kgs, add on the weight of the cossie engine and box over 300kg (as claimed by you in a previous post) and that gives 620kg

still light enough when there's 300+ bhp to move you around.
i'd go for the 400bhp option though

It was how much I was told at the time... looking more like 200kg's now, but we will get it on the scales today I guess

G.Man

posted on 23/9/05 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, 200kg's with gearbox seems more likely...

Had a great day at MNR today, they have spent a lot of time making sure the car is gonna be spot on for me...

Have added a few options to the package today, such as a Pace radiator (better than the stock BEC jobbie they do) a Digidash (tidy)... Larger 50 ltr (ish) fuel tank (with foam)...

Cant wait to start building this baby...

Gonna start at 330 ish bhp and then once I have got used to driving the beastie, upgrade to 400 bhp... maybe more...

Winston Todge

posted on 23/9/05 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like you got a few things sorted today Mark. Just wondering about the 50 litre tank.

What size is the standard tank compared to the 50 litre and how much extra is it? Can you fit the boot section in with the larger tank?

You'd have seen my car being built today too! Get any pictures of the workshop by any chance?

Ta,

Chris.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
G.Man

posted on 23/9/05 at 10:59 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Chris

Nah forgot my camera...

The stock tank is 28 ltrs, and with the 50 ltr tank I doubt you will get a boot on it as well...

G.Man

posted on 26/9/05 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
Wheels just arrived...

mnr laptop

posted on 26/9/05 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
good choice
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
G.Man

posted on 27/9/05 at 06:36 AM Reply With Quote
Got my 888's coming from Tiger on wednesday...

205/50/14's for £82 each... not bad

Those wheels weigh in at a paltry 4.9kg's which is lighter than a lot of mag wheels at 15x7

[Edited on 27/9/05 by G.Man]

mnr laptop

posted on 27/9/05 at 06:49 AM Reply With Quote
hopefully gonna weigh your engine / gearbox assembly today if i can move back still bad went to the doctors yesterday afternoon all he said was pain killers and three weeks off work like thats going to happen i get bored on one day off
will keep you posted

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
G.Man

posted on 27/9/05 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
Nice one Marc...

will bring you a nice walking cane next time I see you (lol) then you will look like an old man proper...

If you are going to insist on working then make sure you do light work, and the pain killers will stop the rest of your back going into spasm...

What you really need to do is go see an osteopath...

J Ashley B.A,D.O
52, Harcourt Drive, Harrogate, North Yorkshire HG1 5AB
Tel: 01423 521164 Classification: Osteopaths

T.M Cree DO
100, Station Parade, Harrogate, North Yorkshire HG1 1HQ
Tel: 01423 561566 Classification: Osteopaths

They will have you sorted as quick as is humanly possible...

Managed to beat the traffic through Leeds on friday and got home in 3 hours, not bad for friday evening

G.Man

posted on 27/9/05 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
So whats that weight then Marc???

Just grabbed a last minute bargain off ebay... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4577028923&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

Paid for out of paypal balance so happy with that

marc n

posted on 27/9/05 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
top bullshit factor

back nearly ok strangely enough
it comes and goes, i can nearly stand straight now

forgot to charge the corner weight scales up so will leave them charging tonight and weigh tomorrow

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mix

posted on 27/9/05 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry if I'm speaking out of turn here, but am I the only one who thinks this thread is turning into a build diary?

Mick

JoelP

posted on 27/9/05 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mix
Sorry if I'm speaking out of turn here, but am I the only one who thinks this thread is turning into a build diary?

Mick

maybe, but whats wrong with that? im finding it fairly interesting.

as for bad backs, i have learnt from experience that its best to respect the pain till it subsides, and then start stretching/ osteopathing as required. Getting assaulted by a chiropracter whilst it still hurts will just do more damage, as the muscles cant relax enough to allow the stretch ATB.

[Edited on 27/9/05 by JoelP]

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

marc n

posted on 27/9/05 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

oops sorry if you think that just a general chat really

wheels like those deserve showing

marc n

posted on 27/9/05 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

as for bad backs, i have learnt from experience that its best to respect the pain till it subsides, and then start stretching/ osteopathing as required. Getting assaulted by a chiropracter whilst it still hurts will just do more damage, as the muscles cant relax enough to allow the stretch ATB.

problem is joel i get bored too easy , cant do this non work thing i love my work too much, much to the annoyance of the other half

must admit i have been very carefull what i do around the workshop just in case i m ake it worse

besides if i rest i will spend more time on here and challenge you for highest poster

Mix

posted on 27/9/05 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah you're right.
I don't wish to spoil the first rush of enthusiasm, it's just I keep on looking here only to find some bloke with a big smile on his face

Sorry Mick

G.Man

posted on 27/9/05 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah I spose it is becoming a bit of a build diary, but it is the first Cosworth powered MNR being built...

It is an area to share things about the MNR and it keeps all my questions and answers + what I am doing (which others may or may not wish to copy) in one place rather than lots of little threads...

Dillinger1977

posted on 27/9/05 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
its nice to see someone progressing too. mines ground to an almight halt due to lack of car coupons..

-Rog

G.Man

posted on 27/9/05 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
This is why I have purchased almost EVERYTHING up front...

That way only minor items will be required to complete, and I wont have any nasty budget surprises...

Remainder should fit on the credit card... ie sundries such as bolts, hoses, washers yada yada

Winston Todge

posted on 28/9/05 at 02:58 AM Reply With Quote
Just wish I had the beans up front to be able to buy the lot to begin with! Really would simplify things...

Then again I do find I get a great deal of satisfaction picking things up cheaply... It does take a lot longer and requires a lot of patience to wait for those items to turn up (usually on ebay... )

Anyway time I got some sleep really after that pants night shift....

Chris.

G.Man

posted on 28/9/05 at 08:10 AM Reply With Quote
Only reason I managed it was because I sold:-

3 model helicopters and all the gear

6 model cars and all the gear

1 Fazer 1000 motorbike

Raised about £11500 which has all started to disappear very quickly.. hehe

Quiting smoking will fund the rest, used to smoke 40+ a day... been off them for 5 weeks now... Thank you alan carr's easyway

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.