Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bike carbs on x-flow?
DarrenW

posted on 13/9/07 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
That is a good discussion. Some tangible technical data as well ref volume of plenum. All sounds very doable. Worth bringing that thread back to the fore and see if any of those have done some further developments.

Interesting pic of R1 carbs at the end Im sure they are TB's?

jacko

posted on 13/9/07 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
Jacko,

I've had a good look at your photos again - very useful. I was wondering how the pipes could be formed and aligned, then I saw your manifold jig. Very neat.

I've just bought a set of CBR600 carbs off the bay of e, so look forward to many more questions!

cheers,
David

Hi David just ask if i can help i will

By the way i tried to do 4 vacuum pipes with a container with and with out one way valves and without container this was for a vacuum type dizzy but it would not work right
but please try for your self and let the world know if you get it to work
Graham

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Deckman001

posted on 13/9/07 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
I've got an R6 fuel pump feeding a set of R6 carbs, held onto the engine by a bogg bross manifold, the set up ran straight out of the box from boggs
Just need to sort a filter now , oh as for a cable, I used a push bike long brake cable and reduced the nipple on the end to fit the std bike set up
TPS fitted to the carbs as std, and the choke size is 34mm

Jason

paulf

posted on 13/9/07 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
I think that will work ok.
I am still running the megajolt for ignition even though i have fitted megasquirt for fuelling and found that I have a good map signal from the throttle bodies done in this manner.
Anyone using megasquirt with ignition will also be using the same method .I also fited a .6mm mig nozzle before the resevoir to damp any fluctuations.
Paul.
quote]Originally posted by David Jenkins
Not sure about the TPS yet - it wasn't stated in the ad.

However, I was planning to make the manifold with a vacuum take-off on each tube. These will go to a small reservoir then on to my current MAP sensor. Other people have done this, and apparently it works OK.

I don't know the size of the tube either! Awaiting delivery...

David Jenkins

posted on 14/9/07 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
As a matter of interest, can CBR600 carbs be re-spaced?

The efficiency of straight or bent tubes is not a major issue for me, but straight manifold tubes are easier to produce than bent ones!

I won't lose any sleep if they can't be separated...

David Jenkins

posted on 14/9/07 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jacko
By the way i tried to do 4 vacuum pipes with a container with and with out one way valves and without container this was for a vacuum type dizzy but it would not work right

Graham,

I'd guess that the vacuum supplied to a mechanical dizzy has to do some mechanical work, unlike the Megajolt MAP sensor that only senses the pressure in the pipe - a microscopic bit of effort.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.