Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
Author: Subject: "Work safe" mode?
David Jenkins

posted on 15/3/10 at 10:08 PM
I should have added that a significant number of my bosses are leading lights in the local happy-clappy church... but I'll only comment on that off-forum!

boggle

posted on 15/3/10 at 10:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
thing is though, most things are offensive to someone

quite harmless?

well, not if you live in Iran, Afghanistan, Nigeria and parts of Italy and Greece apparently.

is that cos its finger mouse naked???

just because you are a character, doesnt mean you have character....

for all your bespoke parts, ali welding, waterjet, laser, folding, turning, milling, composite work, spraying, anodising and cad drawing....

u2u me for details

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Fozzie

posted on 15/3/10 at 10:09 PM
Quite so, Blake, quite so .....

But yet again, and I will repeat ......
the point of this thread is accessibility, for all, away from work/educational 'filters' ....
and of course swmbo/kid safe at home .....
not individuals preferences .....

Oh and nearly forgot.... piggy pr0n troll safe too... (that will only mean something to those who have been members of this site for quite a while ...and no, I am not going to explain....)

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

blakep82

posted on 15/3/10 at 10:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Fozzie
Oh and nearly forgot.... piggy pr0n troll safe too... (that will only mean something to those who have been members of this site for quite a while ...and no, I am not going to explain....)

ha ha ha i forgot about that!

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

eddie99

posted on 15/3/10 at 10:21 PM
quote:
quote:

Can someone U2U me explaining lol, im curious now!

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
iscmatt
Contributor

Posts 1929
Registered 30/3/06
Location York

Photo Archive Go!
Building: - BUILT - 2.0 pinto indy, Kent Cam, zzr1100 carbs

posted on 16/3/10 at 12:50 AM
quote:
quote:

Crikey so had I, and I wish I still had forgotten it!

Strontium Dog

posted on 16/3/10 at 09:48 AM
Aha! I see that free speech is frowned upon on here then. What a shame! I have been hassled by the Avatar Police even though plenty of others on this thread are doing the same as me but are allowed there slightly oversized pic. I can only assume that my attempt at a reasoned and considered argument has fallen foul of the admin here.

It's not like a burning rally car (a picture I took myself) is explicit sexism now is it? Or is it? I did not realise when I first found and perused this site that is was run by a few for a few but it's becoming clear to me now.

Personally I like to share my skill set and facilities with others and enjoy some humour in the process. I am not racist, sexist or any thing else for that matter, but like many I think the PC thing is totally OTT in this country.

Any way I'll sort my offensive avatar while many others are left oversize and consider I've learnt my lesson.

boggle

posted on 16/3/10 at 10:15 AM
haha...

i got busted by the avatar police last night....cant resize it till i get home thou as i cant use photobucket at work, i dont have flash ten....

it is strange that some can have large avatars and not be challenged....

just because you are a character, doesnt mean you have character....

for all your bespoke parts, ali welding, waterjet, laser, folding, turning, milling, composite work, spraying, anodising and cad drawing....

u2u me for details

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Fozzie

posted on 16/3/10 at 10:18 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Strontium Dog
Aha! I see that free speech is frowned upon on here then. What a shame! I have been hassled by the Avatar Police even though plenty of others on this thread are doing the same as me but are allowed there slightly oversized pic. I can only assume that my attempt at a reasoned and considered argument has fallen foul of the admin here.

It's not like a burning rally car (a picture I took myself) is explicit sexism now is it? Or is it? I did not realise when I first found and perused this site that is was run by a few for a few but it's becoming clear to me now.

Personally I like to share my skill set and facilities with others and enjoy some humour in the process. I am not racist, sexist or any thing else for that matter, but like many I think the PC thing is totally OTT in this country.

Any way I'll sort my offensive avatar while many others are left oversize and consider I've learnt my lesson.

Dear oh dear ^ ^ ^ avatars are NOT 'free speech' .... read the help pages which have been there since the site began .... it states ......Avatars....150 pixels wide ...

As was said earlier in this thread if Flaks avatar was smaller as in the sites recommendations, it wouldn't have been so obvious and more than likely would NOT have caused a problem .......

It would be nice if newbies like yourself, who only registered on this site 17 days ago.....familiarised yourself with the guidelines of which compared to the majority of other sites are very few, before you start to hit the keyboard moaning.......
Your avatar was too big, nowt to do with content
Research the facts before hitting the keyboard!

When you registered with this site, you listened to T&C's, by proceeding with your registration, you agreed to them ......

Fozzie .....Admin

Thread now done to death and is closed

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

ChrisW

posted on 16/3/10 at 10:27 AM
Guys

This is exactly the arguement I wrote about yesterday, then lost my post. Seems as admins we're damned if we do and damned if we don't.

However, the rules do state a maximum of 150x150px avatars, and we will be enforcing that again as of last night.

quote:
it is strange that some can have large avatars and not be challenged....

quote:
I have been hassled by the Avatar Police even though plenty of others on this thread are doing the same as me but are allowed there slightly oversized pic. I can only assume that my attempt at a reasoned and considered argument has fallen foul of the admin here.

These are exactly the kind of idiotic responses that cause me to make the statement above. Did you even read the warning? I'm guessing not, because it clearly gives you 24 hours to fix the problem yourself before the system automatically deleted it. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that maybe those with bigger avatars have either:

1. Not logged on yet and seen the message
2. Not dealt with the problem yet, but are still in their 24 hour period
3. Are too lazy/don't know how to deal with it and are just waiting for the system to delete their avatar for them

Now, please go and read the announcement made 8 months ago, and the update last night. These are the rules (and have nothing to do with 'free speech' as you put it) so please either put up or shut up, as Fozzie and are are fed up with people whining on about it.

Cheers, Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2    3  >>

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.