Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cashing US Cheque
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 12/11/08 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
Cashing US Cheque

Can anyone confirm that it is possible to pay a US cheque into a UK bank account. I know there is usually a charge but they are fairly large cheques

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

andyharding

posted on 12/11/08 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
Confirmed my Google Adsense cheques used to come from the US and I never had a problem paying them in.

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

oldtimer

posted on 12/11/08 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
Just pay them in - the bank will do the conversion.
RK

posted on 12/11/08 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
Phone the bank first!! You never know, it may not be.
eznfrank

posted on 12/11/08 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
Some UK banks will insist you open a second kind of sub-account for foreign payments. They usually run alongside your normal account and are in effect invisible.
chris.russell

posted on 12/11/08 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
Not a problem, my wife cashed a cheque a few months back. The cashier in the bank fills in a special form, your show them some ID, they tick lots of boxes and you leave with a photocopy of the cheque and a copy of the paperwork.

The lady behind the counter told us that is could take up to 8 weeks to clear but is usually cleared within a week.

For this you get charged a fee (think about £14) and recieve a letter from the bank informing you that the cheque is being processed and the money will be in your bank shortly.

Mines a pint

jabs

posted on 12/11/08 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
Charge depends on bank. HSBC wanted to charge me £25 to deposit a £35 cheque, Barclays did it for free
02GF74

posted on 13/11/08 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
yes, natwest did it for me. Bu you get stung left, right and centre with charges, conversion rate, commission ...

rgr33n

posted on 16/11/08 at 06:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jabsCharge depends on bank. HSBC wanted to charge me £25 to deposit a £35 cheque, Barclays did it for free
interesting to note. my wife has dividend cheques from some shares in a US company she used to work for. they're usually tiny cheques, paid every 6months i think, but if barclays would do that for free, it would save her collecting loads and then asking the company to send a larger cheque (that's what they've told her to do in the past as they won't pay into her bank account)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.