Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MASSIVE thanks, firstly to my dad and also Danny, Steve, and Chris from MK for an awesome day out at Cadwell Park!
eznfrank

posted on 7/12/08 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
MASSIVE thanks, firstly to my dad and also Danny, Steve, and Chris from MK for an awesome day out at Cadwell Park!

Ok bit of background first. It was my 30th birthday on Thursday and my Indy (ZX12) was my present to myself but I bought it back in March so it would be done (ish) for next year. When I bought it my dad said that he wanted to pay for me a track day in a 7 type car to get a bit of a feel for it.

Ok, second thing you should know is the quickest car I've ever driven was probably my Mini Cooper S (BMW) and I currently have an Alfa 147 2.0TS. I've never driven a 7 before let alone a BEC and in fact the only time I've ever even been in one before was about a mile and a half in the snow with Danny Keenan at the wheel.

Anyways, a few weeks back my dad contacted MK (Unbeknown to me) and they agreed to supply a GSXR powered car for a track day at Cadwell Park today. Apparently MK are thinking of offering this kind of service in the future and decided this would be a good opportunity to try it out.

So, arrived at 7.30 ish and....ICE....lots of ICE but soon thawed out enough for me to get a few good sighting laps with Steve Keenan giving me guidance then a few full speed laps with me driving. I knew BEC's were quick but I kind of never really experienced it before. Then he took my dad out who's similar in experience to me and thought it was awesome.

Then after a spot of lunch I got a good few more runs interspersed with some very quick laps as a passenger alongside Danny Keenan who really demonstrated the cars capabilities especially given the conditions.

Managed to not make too much of a t1t of myself although I did spin and struggled to start again on the hill (my sincere apologies if you were there today and saw me sat sideways on the track!!)

All in all a brilliant day out and thoroughly recommended for anyone looking to buy a car or perhaps re-ignite their enthusiasm for the build. Not sure how much it cost as it was a present from my dad but he said it was roughly the same cost as a red letter Caterham track day for 2.

Again not sure if the MK guys are going to actively promote it (perhaps not after taking me out!!!) but a fantastic day.

Thanks again fellas.

JoelP

posted on 7/12/08 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
awesome
jacko

posted on 7/12/08 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
That was a VERY nice birthday prezzie from your Dad
Graham

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dubstar_04

posted on 8/12/08 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
Double post sorry!!

[Edited on 8/12/08 by dubstar_04]

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.