Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: lots of things..please have a look
cd.thomson

posted on 21/12/08 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
lots of things..please have a look

Good evening guys,

I am looking to rapidly get my car SVA-able before the change in regulations and as such I need a range of parts to complete the builds. I would be very grateful if you could let me know if you have any of the following, or anything I've missed but necessary (you know better than me)! This isn't a "beer tokens" request, I'll be happy to pay for both the items and the postage, or to maybe collect the items. Alternatively if you can suggest alternative suppliers this would be very much appreciated. Thanks for reading this far, here are the items:

Gauges: I have speedo and tacho, need oil, water and fuel.
Dashboard (its for a rush, so possibly unlikely, tips for creating one thats SVAable?)
Pinto exhaust system (more sensibly I'm after the dimensions for a pinto exhaust system so I could look into having it made up privately)
pedal box
Fuel system items (for carbed pinto, lines/pumps/filters)
Electrical items (I have the loom but need lights, switches etc)
Brightwork (I'm not fitting a windscreen before SVA but I need side mirrors and the central mirror I believe)
Pinto to 2x40 DCOE/DHLAs short manifold
Type 9 gearstick
Harnesses
2.1l pinto headgasket

Absolutely anything else necessary for SVA.

Dangle_kt

posted on 21/12/08 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
its all the little bits you havn;t mentioned that add up fast.

i ordered a load of spiral wrap and wire hose casing stuff, sva nut covers, button head allen key head bolts, handbrake gaiter and other little bits and peices from cbs that would help me get though the sva... came to nearly £200!

dont under estimate the cost of all the little bits - like i did

can't dax provide any of the parts you need?

consider the way your harness will mount, and make sure you buy the right harnesses -I had to change my bolts to match what i bought in a moment of ebay bargain madness! also try and get a harness that isn't too long, mine are from saloons, and whilst legal, are a bugger to adjust - so i'm going to swap them for new items after sva.

blueshift

posted on 21/12/08 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
I might have a pedal box you can use in the loft.. have to look and see. It's off a Sierra if I remember right.
Simon

posted on 21/12/08 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
Dashboard will be easy - buy a piece of ply, cut to shape drill holes, seal and fit big lump of foam insulation across bottom edge, then cover whole lot in vinyl.

For pedal box, see OBP's ad's - I'm sure you'll get a good deal!

Fuel pump - I may have the electric one I used on my car, was fine but I replaced it with an injection one when I added inj/turbos. If I can find it you can have it for nowt.

For rest of pipework etc, CBS will do your P clips, trim edging, nut covers and mirrors etc.

For exhaust, buy the bits from Milner Offroad and make up to your own size - guaranteed to fit then!

Can't help with the rest I'm afraid.

ATB

Simon

rusty nuts

posted on 21/12/08 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
You only need a speedo for SVA , may save you a bit of time before test? Lower edge of dash needs a 19mm radius IIRC Five minute job with a router
cd.thomson

posted on 21/12/08 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt
can't dax provide any of the parts you need?

Yes all of them, but I cant raise the required funds to buy them all new from Dax in the 3 months I need to build!

quote:
originally posted by rusty nuts you only need a speedo for SVA

brill, thats that sorted. With radiusing does that basically mean the bottom edge needs to be rounded (i.e. not a plank of wood!)

quote:
originally posted by Simon"lots of info"

cheers for the supplier tips mate , and if you can find that pump it would be very useful!

quote:
originally posted by blueshifti might have a pedal box

Thats excellent, this is one of the more expensive bits!

Thanks for all the responses guys.

Benzine

posted on 21/12/08 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
I'm pretty sure I have an fuel filter/regulator that I haven't even used (when I was running a pinto engine) Where abouts are you in notts? I'm 20 mins away from the city

[Edited on 21/12/08 by Benzine]

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Simon

posted on 22/12/08 at 01:15 AM Reply With Quote
Yes, bottom edge needs to be 19mm radius or padded, so if you chuck 2" insulating foam on bottom of wood and cover it in vinyl, you have better then required radius, and it's soft If you use a piece of 6mmply, you won't get much of a 19mm radius without gluing on another 1.75".

ATB

Simon

jabbahutt

posted on 22/12/08 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
try SVA for headlights as they have plenty of choice at prices starting a lot less than £200.

This would also go for the rear light clusters as well.

Nigel

Simon

posted on 1/1/09 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
Do you still need the fuel pump - I've found it at last.

I also have the headlights I'm no longer using, though one has broken glass (shouldn't be more than a tenner or so for new one) - see pic in avatar for lights.

U2U me your address, and I'll get them off to you.

Can't be arsed to get any money for them, but you could chuck a couple of quid in the direction of NSPCC/RNLI or similar sensible charities for me. No gay one- legged albino type shite please

ATB

Simon

RK

posted on 1/1/09 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
Premier wiring has headlights for as little as 25 pounds a pair. They will do the job. They didn't get back to me a few weeks ago when emailed, however, so they may be on holidays.
Simon

posted on 1/1/09 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
I've also thrown the indicators in the box - which may smell slightly of last nights curry.

'twas the only box I could find

ATB

Simon

scutter

posted on 1/1/09 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
Do you still need a ytpe 9 gear lever?

ATB Dan.

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.