Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: zx12r overfueling help needed
eddbaz

posted on 23/12/08 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
zx12r overfueling help needed

In running a zx12r a1 model engine in my car with an itg sausage type filter and an mk 4-2-1 exhaust.
when I run the engine it runs very rich and glogs the plugs up in no time.
I can lean it up with my power commander,but having to input some quiet large minus values to compensate,for the emmisssions in my sva I had to run between -50 and -60 at idle revs and 3000 and around -20 to -25 so the car was drivable.
Can anyone who has had a zx12r let me know how their engine ran on installation and if they've had a power commander mapped any chance thay can send me a copy of the map so I can see what sort of values I should be looking at.
So far I know mt TPS sensor ius ok and I've tried another map sensor as well but that has made no difference,I'm also not getting any fault codes when I switch the ignition on.

sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 23/12/08 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
Could your fuel pressure be to high? You may need to adjust your fuel regulator.

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

Hellfire

posted on 23/12/08 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
Ed, when we installed our engine we downloaded a suitable map from the dynojet website and installed it. Engine was running fine but a bit on the lean side for a short while until we could get it custom mapped on the rolling road at Holeshot. Have you tried the various maps available for download?

Phil

yorkshire-engines

posted on 23/12/08 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
Hi zx12 a models have the fuel pressure reg on the rail are you using this as a return pipe if so ppressure should be ok (3 bar)
check the injectors see if there spraying all the time could have some crap in them and need cleaning

also check map sensor make sure the hole in pipe isnt blocked

cheer s

malc

ps i have an ecu if you ned to try another

progers

posted on 24/12/08 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like one of the sensors is not working an/or excessive fuel pressure leading to an overich mixture.

- Paul

Smartripper

posted on 24/12/08 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
Hello,

I got the same with my zx12r engine in the mnr vortx.

After much looking it was the airpressure sensor, no f1 light but running very rough and wet.

Measured the sensor according to the book.. and i tought everything was ok, but after chancing it for a other one the problem was solved.

Daniel

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.