Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rear Suspension
bassett

posted on 27/12/08 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
Rear Suspension

Hi, ive just been tackling this today and wanted some advice. Where the rear upper wishbone meets the upright have you mounted the coilover in front or behind the wishbone rod end? is there a prefered side or just whichever keeps the coilover straightest? Ive also been trying to work out from the manual which side to mount the caliper. Does it matter or should it be infront or behind?
Cheers for any help
Adam

My MNR Blog Updated Jan 2010 - Track Day Prep Begins!

Smartripper

posted on 27/12/08 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
Hello,

Coilover as straight as possible, and brake calipers to the rear off the car, that's what Marc told me the last time..

Daniel

[Edited on 27/12/08 by Smartripper]

bassett

posted on 27/12/08 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, thanks for the reply Daniel. Yeah i wanted it to be as straight as possible and after playing around and seeing a past thread they do change slightly when you turn them over. Now there in a better position and we have mounted the coilover behind the top wishbone although we need some more arch trimming.

In the same post(http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=78067&page=&contribmessage=none) though Marc had mentioned calipers should be mounted at the front but i cant see our brake hose stretching that far

Cheers
Adam

[Edited on 27/12/08 by bassett]

My MNR Blog Updated Jan 2010 - Track Day Prep Begins!

Smartripper

posted on 27/12/08 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, i know about the calipers at front, but when building mine (4 months ago) he said that all the calipers should go the the rear because the flex hose routing wasn't the best.

I had them in front first but that was almost inpossible to route the brake lines save en secure, so he then said tho the rear and know the lines route much nicer and secure..

Daniel

jambo

posted on 29/12/08 at 12:21 AM Reply With Quote
heres a pic of mine
dont pay any attention to the hand brake cable routing as i have a different set up than normal.
the only problem this leaves is when bleeding the brakes you will want the caliper off to the top so the nipple is at the highest point of the fluid chamber of the caliper. Rescued attachment rear upright.jpg
Rescued attachment rear upright.jpg

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.