Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Audi A4 engine
chrisg

posted on 23/1/09 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
Audi A4 engine

Hi does anyone have an Audi A4 V6 that they could take some measurements from or any technical drawings of same?

Thank'ee

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

Myke 2463

posted on 23/1/09 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Chris,

Have you tried Alphax.

Cheers Mike.

chrisg

posted on 23/1/09 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
No, I never thought of that!

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

lsdweb

posted on 23/1/09 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
Chris - I've got the V6 Diesel if that's any good? :-)

chrisg

posted on 23/1/09 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks mate but it's the petrol one I need.

Cheers

Chris

jeffw

posted on 23/1/09 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
I have a B5 RS4...
dodgedartgt

posted on 24/1/09 at 12:02 AM Reply With Quote
Would this have something to do with one seat ? wink wink nod nod
Mike

gregs

posted on 24/1/09 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
sorry - haven't got the dimensions, other than it is a very wide engine. for what it's worth, from my experiences the V6's are good durable engines but have little or no tunability.... I had one in an A80, it was good though not great and I'm not sure the 'good' bits would suit a seven/middy - the engine is a definate 'wafter'. Benefits I guess are that it would go in a middy with trans and all - that said if you can package it, an ABF 2.0 16v from a A80 (N/S) & golf gti (E/W) will put out the same power (though down on torque) - having had both V6 + 16v I would strongly recommend looking at one of these, I recon it's the best engine performance wise I've ever had - really revvy and fun to drive. For reference the engine can be re-mapped for +20bhp (170bhp) in standard installation - story goes the power output was far too close to the VR6 for comfort so it got strangled..... I guess with ITBs and MS it would be knocking on 200bhp with the standard internals.

Just my thoughts....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.