Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MT75 or Type 9?
Mave

posted on 4/2/04 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
MT75 or Type 9?

I have ordered my Indy 1,5 weeks ago, but I'm still not sure about which gearbox to use.
I'm using the 2L Zetec engine. I could use the MT75, but as I understand, I would have to arrange my own gearbox-mount and propshaft. Also, the tunnel will be widened, thereby limiting the room for my size 11's.
Or I can use the Type 9. I can by the gearbox-mount and propshaft from MK.

So, you would say: take the Type 9, BUT: gearstick is in the wrong place, and I hear MT75 is a stronger box.......

So, what's the general opinion here? I need help!
(and AM looking forward to my build!)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
zetec

posted on 4/2/04 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
I say MT75 but I would! I don't think MK alter the tunnel, if they do it's very little so room should be no more cramped. Sorting the gearbox mount is not tricky, I did mine using the type9 chassis plates on the Indy and 4 exhaust bobbin rubbers on a plate mounted to the gearbox. you will need to sort out a propshaft but most prop makers will make one up given the output shaft to diff size. The big plus is being able to relocate gearlever, and stronger, lots more people fitting them now so help is available.

Type 9 good if you want different ratios. It's make your mind up time...

Mix

posted on 5/2/04 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
For what it's worth I have fitted a 2.0l Zetec with an MT75 into a book standard engine bay / transmission tunnel. My biggest problem is the height of the engine but the MK chassis is higher than the book so will be less of a problem.

Mick

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.